Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My brain wants me to believe .......

Re: My brain wants me to believe .......

Quote Originally Posted by Elen View Post
    First of all thank you all for the kind words about the admins.

I have been on that site once and must confess I was not made to feel welcome.

Whisper although I quite like the idea of "forum jail" as others have said that is not how we do things here, and even if we did you have said nothing to warrant any intervention from admin in any way.

This is part of your anxiety, and there is no problem about you expressing on the forum.
    I admit what landed me in forum jail (moderation) on there was I completely flipped my lid and was really off on one posting all sorts of paranoid stuff due to my disorder (and if I get that paranoid here I will fully accept getting thrown in *there* just while it passes, just as a fyi Elen, like if I start getting really paranoid and everyone jumps up and down on the report button so hard report breaks itself, which is what happened there, everyone jumped on report apparently cause I was that freaked out and saying all sorts of stuff) but yeah if I do get massively paranoid and start posting like I did there, I will accept whatever the consequences here would be

I kinda remember some of what I said, I was really going off on one saying the professionals were coming to get us all and that the mods/admin there was selling our IP addresses to the professionals and I think I said something about the certain group of people who was in power in Germany in WW2 had Ebony and was hurting her and I think I said other stuff as well due to paranoia but I really don't remember what idk what would happen to me here if I was to really go off on one saying that sort of stuff three smilies so just putting another one in here to make that number go away

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

What's going to happen to me on here?
    Last edited by whispershadow; 11-02-19 at 16:10.
    Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
    Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
    Willow (3rd November 2018 - current)

Hopefully you're going to hang out, receive support and support others, just like most of the rest of us are trying to do.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Hopefully you're going to hang out, receive support and support others, just like most of the rest of us are trying to do.
    I hope I can do so without causing the mods here work like I apparently kept doing there, they was basically making rules up that didn't even exist in the end.

I think we've established that the people there weren't terribly nice, though.

I think we've established that the people there weren't terribly nice, though.
    What did I do to cause them to be like that towards me though? I just don't "get it"

Stupid leaning difficulty

Not all people are a good fit for all forums. It's okay, though, you're clearly a good fit here.

Not all people are a good fit for all forums. It's okay, though, you're clearly a good fit here.
    I hope I don't disappoint anyone here by being a bad member

Quote Originally Posted by whispershadow View Post
    I admit what landed me in forum jail (moderation) on there was I completely flipped my lid and was really off on one posting all sorts of paranoid stuff due to my disorder (and if I get that paranoid here I will fully accept getting thrown in *there* just while it passes, just as a fyi Elen, like if I start getting really paranoid and everyone jumps up and down on the report button so hard report breaks itself, which is what happened there, everyone jumped on report apparently cause I was that freaked out and saying all sorts of stuff) but yeah if I do get massively paranoid and start posting like I did there, I will accept whatever the consequences here would be

I kinda remember some of what I said, I was really going off on one saying the professionals were coming to get us all and that the mods/admin there was selling our IP addresses to the professionals and I think I said something about the certain group of people who was in power in Germany in WW2 had Ebony and was hurting her and I think I said other stuff as well due to paranoia but I really don't remember what idk what would happen to me here if I was to really go off on one saying that sort of stuff three smilies so just putting another one in here to make that number go away

---------- Post added at 17:32 ---------- Previous post was at 16:03 ----------

What's going to happen to me on here?
    It sounds to me like you were going through some obvious mental trauma at the time. I strongly feel our Admins would handle this much better and we've certainly seen erratic posting from people with more complex needs on here.

I can understand that there is a point about protecting other members from distress too but cutting you off seems harsh to me.

There have been occasions where I have seen things like this on here and other than try to be neutral I have informed Admin because the concern is for the person. I found Admin talked to them and helped. Talked to them on their threads, reassured them. If other members were getting annoyed, they obviously dealt with that too and advised letting them handle the situation (my belief) so friction was avoided.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    It sounds to me like you were going through some obvious mental trauma at the time. I strongly feel our Admins would handle this much better and we've certainly seen erratic posting from people with more complex needs on here.

I can understand that there is a point about protecting other members from distress too but cutting you off seems harsh to me.

There have been occasions where I have seen things like this on here and other than try to be neutral I have informed Admin because the concern is for the person. I found Admin talked to them and helped. Talked to them on their threads, reassured them. If other members were getting annoyed, they obviously dealt with that too and advised letting them handle the situation (my belief) so friction was avoided.
    Yeah I mean I trust that the mods/admins here won't do anything awful to me, and if I did kick off due to my mental health issues I could understand and accept getting put in forum jail just while it passed and I wouldn't complain about it if they did put me in there, all I ask though is to know when I'd be getting let out and on there they refused to tell me for definate, they just said I might be out at the end of the month (january). Emphasis on MIGHT.

What gets to me though is I asked nicely on there to get let out and the admin I asked talked to me like a 2 year old who is not capable of understanding English words. Like "it wouldn't make sense to have moderation if someone could just as nicely to get let out of it, right? So little baby member you got to stay in there until we decide otherwise" (not worded quite like that but not far off)

I mean, they have clear "favourites" there, like one time my friend who was in permemenent moderation (would never be allowed out, ever), got upset at what a new member posted, the new member was really nasty to her, so she reacted to that, she gets punished for it, but nothing happened to new member, they claimed to her she was "insulting other members" when she did nothing of the kind. She was sticking up for herself.

I've heard on the grapevine of other members who got punished for no reason as well, like one for permenent banned for talking about her low self esteem in vague terms, after another member publically tore into them, nothing was done to the member who really ripped into them yet they got kicked out forever simply for talking about their low self esteem, if the review on the review site is to be believed.

I know from my own experience as well that they punish for no reason. Like I got warned for saying "forum jail", I got told off in PM for kicking off about saying mods there can read PMs when another member was the one to say it first, yet nothing was said to the member who started that conversation , I got 3 day banned (it got shortened to 2 days after I made a complete pain of myself in email and wouldn't let it drop) for not understanding something they said to me so I started a thread to ask after they picked the most impossible mod name in the whole history of forums saying I was only allowed to message with her, they then changed it to "only message with the main admin" then when another admin contacted me I responded to ask if it had changed with who I was meant to contact saying nobody had said anything, then I got in trouble for PMing him back, by this point real life family stress was really affecting me so that tipped me into a episode of mental illness, then I posted the stuff I said previously in this thread, causing me to get thrown in moderation and the door slammed shut behind me and they wouldn't let me out for nearly 13 days when they know if a number ends with a 3 it's a bad number for me to deal with, the trigger is seeing a 3 on the end of it, it does not take a maths genuis to work out if a number ends with a 3 I can get triggered by it, then when I exploded on a review site they finally gave in and let me out (maybe hoping I'd take down the review? idk) but then cause I struggle with change and heard nothing from them I just was randomly free again, even a quick message of "we're letting you out now" would of helped but did that happen? nope. So yeah, I tried to get used to seeing my posts appearing straight away but found out I was finding it really hard, and didn't recieve so much as one word of kindness from any of the mods there, nothing. So in the end I just stopped logging in.

So yeah that's my story of what happened on psych central.

And for the record, I did not take down the review, but to be fair they did not ask me to take it down. If they had asked me I'd of likely told them "no cause that was my experience there".

To be fair to them, they did try to help make sure a certain person could not know it was me posting had he found me on there, but when giving punishments they did not take into consideration my desperation to be able to post freely nor did they take into consideration my desperation forced me to test the waters at another forum where stalker ex had been watching my posts on there before I vanished from there years ago.

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:00 ----------

Oh and I got the news yesterday that my grandma had a stroke in the care home so it's only a matter of time before she's no longer around, she won't see the warmer weather

I'm so sorry about your grandmother, WhisperShadow.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information