Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Citalopram diary - Day 15 - Here we go!

Re: Citalopram diary - Day 15 - Here we go!

I'm glad you feel like you're getting better.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you drink? I'm just wondering because I haven't been out drinking since I've been on medication, so I'm wondering how much is safe?

If it helps in anyway at all I started on Cit 2 years ago and over about 6 weeks increased to 20mg. All that you describe is very familiar to me, but certainly with me the feeling all gradually reduced over time and it was worth it in the end.

The anxiety levels will decrease and you should stabilise soon and feel much better

About the drinking thing - last night we had a little house warming party so I really fancied a few beers. I decided to limit myself to 3 bottles of beer and 1 drink at the pub and I stuck to it. I did feel quite drunk! In the past (before meds) I've been known to drink 5 or 6 pints and still feel fairly sober but I can definitely say the cit' makes you drunker that you would be usually. I felt happy and in good spirits the whole time though and my anxiety was totally not there. This morning I felt pretty terrible and sick but my mood is pretty good, even managed to get out in the sun and go for a walk with my boyfriend.

I'd say a small amount of alcohol is ok, but be prepared to pay for it the next day!

Ihanks for the replys guys, i really appreciate it and I do feel im gradually starting to feel better now.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkle1984 View Post
    I'm glad you feel like you're getting better.

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you drink? I'm just wondering because I haven't been out drinking since I've been on medication, so I'm wondering how much is safe?
    Hi sparkle, I drank a reasonable amount, i was going to limit myself but never can once i get going, so i probably had about 5 pints of beer and about 5 double vodkas or Jack daniels with coke. I used to drink a lot more and i did seem to get drunk a lot easier than i used to, which is probably donw to not having drank for a while and because of the medication. I was in a generally happy and jolly mood most of the time and the hangover was pretty much the same as usual, but i suppose everyones different.

Day 36

Felt ok when i woke up but still not normal. Felt a bit foggy as the day went on and had a really fuzzy head, couldnt think straight for a bit. The fog is quite bad today but that may be down to drinking on friday. i dont feel quite right.

My emotions just seem to be up and down a bit today, i lost some money erlier just playing a bit of bingo online and it made me really angry which it doesnt usually and ive been in an angry, dont care about anything sort of mood for the rest of the night.

Hi Gotta,

Try to limit the drinking as it stops the medication from working and booze is a natural depressant. I think most people are ok with the occasional drink but 5 pints of beer and 5 double vodkas or Jack daniels with coke would wipe me out for a week medication or no medication

I hope that you start feeling better soon

Yea you are right Serenitie, I hadnt drunk for nearly two months so i needed a night out but i will try and limit myself to only a few drinks next time. Thanks for the reply and hope things are getting better for you two

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:20 ----------

Day 37

I feel ok today, slightly foggy and dizzy again but nothing major. Have tried to a bit of exercise today just in the garden, get myself moving again and start getting fit.

one thing that has got me a bit worried is, i did notice i seemed to look a bit thinner than usual but i hadnt weighed myself, but when i went out the other night someone said to me youve lost weight so naturally i was thinking about it today and i went and weighed myself.....Ive lost over 1 and a half stone in a month, coming up to two stone i am shocked. I did have a week before i started the meds where i hardly aite anything because my anxiety was so out of control but apart from that i have been eating normally id say. I wasnt overweight before by the way so that weight shouldnt be just dropping off me i dont think. I thought these meds were supposed to do the opposite. Anyway do you guys think its something to worry about?

Apart from that i feel ok and pretty calm in general, still with the on and off fuzzy head and dizzyness but its bearable and things seem to be moving in the right direction.

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:26 ----------

Im also noticing my eye sight seems to be getting worse. I hope its just me but my distance vision does seem very blurry all the time now and i think its getting worse.

Day 38

Didnt get a great nights sleep, was waking up every hour or so. Feel quite anxious this morning and i feel in a bit of a dream like state, very foggy. I have no energy or motivation to move from this bed. Not what i wanted as i thought things were improving gradually, but i will see how the day goes.

Will keep updated as the day goes on.

---------- Post added at 13:56 ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 ----------

Tried to get up and do some stuff around the house but really not feeling great today, feel sick and weak and very foggy. Anxiety levels are building. Hope its just a blip.

So i have felt pretty crap today, slight dizzyness, lightheaded and foggy. Slight headache. Also as i mentioned before my vision does seem to be getting more and more blurry. My eyes have been doing funny things the whole time ive been on this drug, ive had uneven pupils, one bigger than the other everyday, strange shaped pupils like oval shape that comes and goes, and now the vision seems to be getting worse by the day.

I did start to feel better for a couple of days but im still up and down all the time and have all these other symptoms pretty much everyday. I no im only 5 and a half weeks in but surely these side effects (if thats what they are) should have calmed down by now? Id say my anxiety has lowered somewhat but these other symptoms cause me anxiety and worry so that doesnt help.

Ive had a chat with a family member and she thinks i should ween myself off them and see how i feel, i sort of agree. So im debating whether to stop these or not. Ive just taken 10mg instead of my usual 20mg but i can always take the other half if i change my mind.

What do you guys think, is it to early to be pulling out? should i carry on taking it for a few more weeks and see what happens? Im going to go down to 10mg for a week or so, so if i feel better and they symptoms calm down i can tell it is the meds and stop them. But if my symptoms are still there and my anxiety sky rockets again i suppose i will have to start taking them again and them be off back down the doctors.

Any advice would be appreciated guys. thanks.

Sorry to hear you haven't been feeling too good today. I think it's best if you speak to your doctor before you make the decision to come off the citalopram, they might be able to give you a different SSRI which could suit you better.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread Information