Thread: Intense Head Pain during sleep paralysis. Thought i was dying

Exclamation Intense Head Pain during sleep paralysis. Thought i was dying

Okay, so last year I made a post about this because it happens ocassionally and whenever it does it's very scary. I get sleep paralysis often but this is very rare and every time it happens i feel like im gonna die. It feels like head pressure that builds and builds like my head is being pumed up ready to expode.

Since i have awarenes i try to calm down and ignore it but it only gets worse and by the end of it feels like my head is in a vice and although it's happened before i feel like i might not wake up so i begin panicking because i just want to wake up. If you ever have regular sleep paralysis and think it's scary it is but it's nothing compared to this.

I'm making this post because posts about this are few and i cannot find the information i need. People will write questions and describe it very accurately but the answers are unhelpful because they don't really understand. They'll say that it's exploding head syndrome and i really dont think it is because EHS sounds like when you hear a loud noise. I'm not percieving noise, I'm percieving pain.

I didn't sleep well the night before in fact i had normal sleep paralysis and then i took a mid day nap and had SP again. It's no wonder that this happened under these circumstances, it's a mixture of horrible sleep patterns and maybe stress. Perhaps even sinus pressure or muscle tension that was grealy amplified.

But im not interested in what causes it. What I want to know is firstly, is this harmful? Cause it sure feels like it, like i said i thought i was gonna die. Is this damaging to my brain? After i woke up i felt so weak and off balance and today i dont feel much better. My face feels and nose still feel tight and i have this feeling like ive just come out of a deep sleep despite being up for hours. Im pretty sure it interrupted REM, I was dreaming at the time, maybe even lucid dreaming. But it hurt a lot like my head was just being crushed. If ANYBODY relates to this at all please tell me, I need some reassurance.

Please reply.
    Last edited by BethanyH; 14-06-16 at 21:42.

Thread Information