Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ocd with breast lumps

Re: please help me avoid more medical testing!

I just want you to know your not alone. I had an ultrasound in 2014 for my right breast and attended the breast clinic again in Feb this year. I went to my gp a couple of weeks ago after finding a lump in my left breast and she referred me to the breast clinic again (non urgent Again). She said shes not worried so I shouldn't be but I can't help but think it's some sinister. I'm prodding it constantly and it's causing me so much anxiety. I received my appointment through the post yesterday and my appointment isn't until a few days before xmas. In terrified! I am the same as you thinking they may have missed it in February because he done a quick exam but I suppose they do it all the time so know what their feeling for

Re: please help me avoid more medical testing!

you guys are find your got lots of testing done. Yes a trained doctor can do the test quickly they know exactly where and what to look for, it's you guys that actually don't know exactly what and where to look exactly and your kind of like someone that doesn't know what they are doing and imagine you have breast problems.

Please stop thinking of it you got your tests and doctors to check you out. I know it's hard i also have HA but you realize it's normal to have bumps and lumps coming and going around your body, there dis complicated things going on in your body even your breasts or any part especially when you focus on a part and poke around a lot.

Try to focus and play with a toe for a while and imagine toe cancer or toe tumours and things, rub it and prod it.. bingo.. you feel funny things in and it starts to hurt and you can't get your mind off it.

i gave into my fear.. but it didnt go away!

so for a while i was posting here about my breast cancer fear. and my severe ocd with breast lumps, basically feeling my breasts whenever my hands were empty. i also mentioned that i have had 5 clinical breast exams in the last years time. last one was 7 weeks ago. but still, my anxiety hasnt really gotten better. Recently, it flared up even more cuz i was feeling bunch of little soft tissues/ lumps in the upper very outer area of breast- literally by the underarm itself. being that i prodded and touched so much, those lump/tissues feel alot more pertruding and i was shaking from fear. knowing myself and that nothing i do will help me calm fear, i made an appt with my obgyn to do the exam on me. she thought i was crazy being that she saw how many exams i had in the last year and im only 27 years old. she said everything felt normal, then i made her feel again the upper outer area and she said there is a bunch of lymph nodes there so its hard to differentiate. but after feeling it she said everything felt normal.
    for next few hours i was calmer.however its not even 48 hours later and im nervous again!! i feel like these ob/gyns do breast exams in 5 seconds. how can they be sure they didnt miss anything?
    also anyone every felt bunch of lymph nodes right next to underarm- close to the bone there?

Re: i gave into my fear.. but it didnt go away!

Hey sweetie I've had two lumps under my armpit for over a year. There are a type of cyst called a lypoma and they are common in areas like armpits.

I had to have a lumpectomy and 4 biopsies last year. I asked the Dr recently about those bumps and she said if they were lymph nodes they'd have shown on my tests and then told me about the lypomas

thank you for your reply.

my doctor did exam last week and she didn't even feel anything. its only when u press into the underarm very hard that u can feel it. my questions is if this is a regular lymph node that i have poked and prodded and make it feeling worse by doing that. also its soft, movable and round edges. and i feel similar things on the other side, just smaller.
    its not four months since i started feeling it. i dont think it really got bigger. it did become more distinct feeling and maybe drop bigger, but that is very likely bec i keep feeling it all the time.

If it was an irregular lymph node your doctor would have felt it. Doctors have ways in which they feel nodes in order to determine what's normal and what isn't.

i gave into my fear.. but it didnt go away!

so for a while i was posting here about my breast cancer fear. and my severe ocd with breast lumps, basically feeling my breasts whenever my hands were empty. i also mentioned that i have had 5 clinical breast exams in the last years time. last one was 7 weeks ago. but still, my anxiety hasnt really gotten better. Recently, it flared up even more cuz i was feeling bunch of little soft tissues/ lumps in the upper very outer area of breast- literally by the underarm itself. being that i prodded and touched so much, those lump/tissues feel alot more pertruding and i was shaking from fear. knowing myself and that nothing i do will help me calm fear, i made an appt with my obgyn to do the exam on me. she thought i was crazy being that she saw how many exams i had in the last year and im only 27 years old. she said everything felt normal, then i made her feel again the upper outer area and she said there is a bunch of lymph nodes there so its hard to differentiate. but after feeling it she said everything felt normal.
    for next few hours i was calmer.however its not even 48 hours later and im nervous again!! i feel like these ob/gyns do breast exams in 5 seconds. how can they be sure they didnt miss anything?
    also anyone every felt bunch of lymph nodes right next to underarm- close to the bone there?
    at the moment im confused if its breast tissue or lymph node. its been there for 4 months ago. i think it hasnt really gotten bigger, if anything more distinct feeling, but that is likely bec i feel it and poke it pretty often.
    it feels soft, moveable and is only felt if i press very hard..

please advise. sometimes when women on this forum offer some reassuring comments, it helps me a little.

So i took an ultrasound- please read- i need reassurance!

For a while i've been posting here with my ocd of breast and lumps. i suffer from really bad ocd in regards to touching my breast and running to doctors upon feeling the slightest thing. lately i found a new place i never really felt intensely, and that is my underarm area- right above the breast. being that it was new to me, i was feeling all types of little lumps and bumps- tons of them! 1 in particular im feeling for over 4 months by now getting nervous from time to time, but calming down bec i dont really think it got bigger all this time, although my poking and prodding for 4 months def made it feel more noticeable and mabye slightly bigger. anyway, i went to my ob/gyn 2 weeks ago cuz i couldnt handle the touching anymore, i wanted her to do professional exam. after giving me entire lecture that i should go take care of my ha, she did exam that lasted 1 min maybe and told me everything feels fine.. that reassurance lasted for 2 days and then i was back poking and feeling and getting nervous. so this time i went to my regular internist and told him to feel specifically my underarm area, he did for 2 seconds and told me everything feels normal, but bec he knows me very well he sent me for ultrasound to give me some reassurance. I HATE ultrasounds, they are so nerve wracking, while the technitian looks and looks! anyway, technician asked me why i was there, i told her i have alot of anxiety and my dr wanted to reassure me that all those lumps and bumps are normal feeling lymph nodes. she looked and then told me, your doctor was prob right. when i asked her if she saw anything she said shes not allowed to tell me, but she really doesnt think i have what to be concerned.
    i left the place feeling alot better. Then my doctor called me in the evening and tells me that i have 1 node on each side that is very slightly larger and maybe drop longer too but really nothing to worry about. no cancerous looking lymphs or any malignancy. he asked me if i recently had any virus.. i told him no, nothing.
    needless to say i panicked!!! he told me again and again its really nothing serious, but still, with my terrible HA this is the worst that can happen to me. my doctor told me to come in next week for blood work just to make sure everything is fine (even though i took full blood work 4 months ago- everything was fine)
    I also told my dr that maybe its enlarged bec i kept poking and prodding, so he said maybe. possible from that, but i only poked and prodded 1 side, not the other.
    When i asked my dr if he never got such results that 1 node should be enlarged, he told me he honesty never does these tests.

So my question to you guys is, have any of you ever had such experience? with 1 node to be slightly larger? and what was it? do i need to be concerned about it? im shaking from fear!
    what i expected to be a reassurance phone call made me alot my anxiety!

SO sorry for the long post, but can you please take a minute to reply and share your experience.

Re: So i took an ultrasound- please read- i need reassurance!

Funny you should mention this. I've started to get a viral infection over the past few days. And the right node on my neck has slightly swollen.

It usually does when I get a cold etc....

In fact in 2014 I went through quite bad lymphoma anxiety.

Looking back I attribute it to hayfever and using quite a harsh nasal spray. That caused it to react badly.

My advice? When you focus on them, you almost make yourself "feel" like they are bigger. I obsessed on mine for ages, and it didnt help.

Relax... you don't have a problem. The more you relax, the quicker it will go away, and the quicker you will recover.

Re: So i took an ultrasound- please read- i need reassurance!

Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    Funny you should mention this. I've started to get a viral infection over the past few days. And the right node on my neck has slightly swollen.

It usually does when I get a cold etc....

In fact in 2014 I went through quite bad lymphoma anxiety.

Looking back I attribute it to hayfever and using quite a harsh nasal spray. That caused it to react badly.

My advice? When you focus on them, you almost make yourself "feel" like they are bigger. I obsessed on mine for ages, and it didnt help.

Relax... you don't have a problem. The more you relax, the quicker it will go away, and the quicker you will recover.

problem is i had no infection or virus at all. thats what gets me so nervous, also, its not as if my mind is playing on me that its bigger, the ultrasound confirmed it. now it has nothing to do with my HA.

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information