Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got Antibiotics for Bacterial Sinus Infection, Worried About Meningitis

Re: Got Antibiotics for Bacterial Sinus Infection, Worried About Meningitis

:( Aww... I'm sorry that you've been feeling that way... Yeah, I read that article too! I didn't let it get to me until I got a sinus infection this year, haha.

Where is the headache located? Is it located in the front? Does it feel like a headband? Does it feel like mild burning or pressure in your head? It could be a tension headache.

Follow up with your doctor, but try not to go too crazy with doctor visits, like I tend to do, lol...

It's a strange headache. I don't have it in the morning or during the day. It starts in the afternoon. I've had these types of headaches before in my life but not so frequently.

It kind of starts at the top of my head like a pressure. Then I feel pressure around my eyes and forehead. Especially the nose bridge. Then I feel kind of sharp, shooting/pulling pain around my temples that spreads to the back of my head in intervals. Like someone is pulling on my eyebrow really hard. I am scared of meningitis too but the CT scan would've shown a meningitis or a serious sinus infection. Everyone is giving me the clear.

And I don't have other symptoms like congestion (tho my nose is always congested due to medicine overuse and I've been crying every day a lot lately so), no cough, and my nose drain seems to be clear (no yellow and not even white). That's why we did the CT scan, because there are no obvious sinusitis symptoms except the pain and my father claims that my sinuses are fine.

To be fair my pain is mostly from the end of the eyebrow and up the head :/ And really doesn't change a lot when I bend down. It comes and goes as it pleases.

To me, it sounds like it could be a tension headache, but I'd ask your doctor about it since he'd know more about it than me. Tension headaches are very common for people with stress or anxiety.

I have a lot of tension headaches and they can feel like pressure on your head... Or it can even feel like someone pulling a part on your head... My other guess would be that it's a migraine. Both can be managed with pain killers if they come around.

I've been having tension headaches even while I've been having this sinus infection.

I've been a wreck this past month to be honest, my panic attacks turned to depressive episode with vomiting and nausea for 2 weeks.
    Doc didn't know what to treat, my sinus pressure or the nausea. Gave me 4 days very strong antibiotics. I also had a low grade fever. We were all convinced is some infection.
    Suddenly I got my period and fever magically vanished the same day. Got my appetite back.
    The day my period ended, temperature raised again (though not a fever) and lost my appetite and began fearing everything + headaches.
    It's strange and no doctor can really explain it. But I've been seen by 5 doctors so far and all of them can't make out anything from these symptoms except stress and anxiety.
    And now my headache is gone too as I typed this out.

Hmm, well does the headache respond to pain killers? Drinking a lot of water also helps.

---------- Post added at 18:03 ---------- Previous post was at 16:14 ----------

I'm currently experiencing feeling really hot and cold at the same time. I check my temperature and it doesn't indicate a fever. :(

Quote Originally Posted by PanickedGirl View Post
    I'm currently experiencing feeling really hot and cold at the same time. I check my temperature and it doesn't indicate a fever. :(
    Still not meningitis

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Oh! I know it's not meningitis, but I'm got really anxious experience that... hot/cold flash... I was thinking that I was gonna die from it, lol...

I went to see my doctor for an appointment I had scheduled for about a week. I expressed my concerns to her on whether the antibiotic was really working since my congestion seem to be coming and going since I've been on them.

She didn't seem sure if it was a sinus infection with the headaches I had...

She ordered a CT scan for my sinuses, which she said would also take a look at my brain. I got fearful that it could be something else, like a brain tumor... >_<

I seem to wake up everyday now with my nose congested! I don't know if these antibiotics are working!

As soon as I stand up, my nose opens up, but it closes when I lay down...

I'm worried about having developed a super bug!

Developing a superbug is very rare since if one antibiotics don't work the doctor will just give you another type of antibiotics! Superbugs are well known and also pretty rare. Also I am sure your body will finish off the bacteria too and you wont need more antibiotics!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information