Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just trying to sleep. Someone please. I'm begging

Just trying to sleep. Someone please. I'm begging

Someone help me. Please. I'm. Desperate. I'm litteraly crying my eyes out right now. I feel desperate. (I'm in therapy and felt like I was going well but seems not).

I've had a number of worries etc but the one that keeping me litteraly awake all night. Is the heart. Everytime I close my eyes something just feels strange. I'm like to scared to go to sleep. Everything feels off. My chest hurts, I've got so much acid builing up. Jusy so much. I had blood tests for the heart and one like EGC way back in February. I'm trying to use that but I feel so scared. I don't want to die.

I know I'm. Trying dramaict but please. Can someone help? I've tried flaking to my therapist about this and she's given me so method's to use. Idk if I'm leaving stuff out or if this is very strange sounding. I'm at my wits end. I know no one a doctor here hut I'm desperate please. I just want to sleep. This has been going on my. Months.

Re: Just trying to sleep. Someone please. I'm begging

Well clearly I made it through the night. I know it's dramaict and over the top to post like that. It's just it feels so real and every night is a struggle like that. It's becoming increasingly difficult as it's been like this for over a year.

I've talked to my therapist and doctor about it. They both shrug it off. So I know in reason. It's probably just on my end but at the time it seems so real.

Hello Sarah,

Glad you made it through the night but this sounds awful, thoughts with you when it comes to this Anxiety. Have you tried any methods light listening to Podcasts (I find this helps me go to sleep) or music? Also, have you been tested for acid reflux?

Quote Originally Posted by LDHarv View Post
    Hello Sarah,

Glad you made it through the night but this sounds awful, thoughts with you when it comes to this Anxiety. Have you tried any methods light listening to Podcasts (I find this helps me go to sleep) or music? Also, have you been tested for acid reflux?
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply. I went to the gym today and got a good work-out in (without over-doing it). So I suppose I couldn't do that with something serious wrong! It's just sleep is such a issue for me and while other things get easier every night is a scary battle for me.

I've tried podcasts a few times! I was tested! I was tablets for it for awhile and it mainly clear ed up now though.

I'm struggling extra hard with this, last night was really difficult. I'm having a lot of chest pain, I'm trying to put it down to a new machine I'm using at the gym and some acid reflex issues.

I'm just worried, I know I should get on with it but it's hard. Fearing sleep and putting it off all the time. When I do try there a strange feeling in my chest and my heart rate goes crazy or feels so slow like it might stop. I'm sorry for complaining so much.

Hi Sarah,

I struggled with sleeping for a very long time, and I know how awful it feels. The thing I found that helped me the most is a small speaker called a pillow talk. I think you can grab one on Amazon. You can plug it in to your phone for example, and it sits underneath your pillow at night. Then listen to something that will distract you like Audio books or podcasts. It always helps calms me down which then helps push me off to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharmen View Post
    Hi Sarah,

I struggled with sleeping for a very long time, and I know how awful it feels. The thing I found that helped me the most is a small speaker called a pillow talk. I think you can grab one on Amazon. You can plug it in to your phone for example, and it sits underneath your pillow at night. Then listen to something that will distract you like Audio books or podcasts. It always helps calms me down which then helps push me off to sleep.
    Thank you so much for taking the time to reply! This actually such a good idea! Thank you so much for the suggestion. I'll defo look into this! I'm sorry that you've experienced this also! It's just awful. I hope you're doing better

I'm struggling with anxiety about my heart again. It feels like even if I just get off the couch or stand up my heart starts to pound. I keep feeling like it's skipping a beat. My chest gets this fully feeling. I'm just very, very overwhelmed by everything. Sorry for complaining, I know people have it worse. I just feel so lost and scared again.

---------- Post added at 00:48 ---------- Previous post was at 00:02 ----------

Sorry to spam this. I'm just really overwhelmed at the moment. So basically: I started worrying about my heart last year when I started getting chest pain and feeling my heart beat super fast. My bpm was actually really high (tested by doctor). She said this was a mixture of disagreement with birth control and acid relax. So it was a worry on and off for awhile.

In February I went to my GP finally feeling more on my feet but still was getting harsh chest pains and heart worries. She said they do a ecg at my doctors office as they have a machine there. She didn't seem worried and I didn't actually when I went in for the test the next day. The nurse did the test, my own GP didn't work that day so it was the other gp on shift. She took one look at my results and said you have to go to A&E right now. She gave me no reason why, I was so scared. I thought I was going to die. I was only 21 (22 now).

I went to the A&E, they did two more ECG's, a chest x-ray, and some type of bloods. They said they couldn't see anything wrong and sent me home without any reason. I've spoken to my own GP since, she's listen to my heart a few times and said it all sounds fine.

So, my question is. Am I over thinking all of this? Sorry for the rant, I'm just having a hard time and I really don't want to google because that's what gave me so many panic attacks before.

I try telling myself things like I go to the gym, I would have dropped by now. I wouldn't have this on-going issues. I'm also 22 and no family history. When I went to the urgent care a few weeks back for a infection and got tablets. He did my blood pressure and said it was perfect. I know that doesn't matter always. I'm just at a lost.

I want to get better fully, I also don't want to go running back to the doctor's. Like what more can she do? Is it all in my head? I know no one can tell me everything this is mainly a rate. Like even as I typed this my chest felt funny and hurt alot. I'm meant to be going on a once in a lifetime trip on Monday. I just feel lost. Sorry, I think the lack of good sleep is making me more emotional as well.

---------- Post added at 02:32 ---------- Previous post was at 00:48 ----------

I'm aware that I'm just falling deeper and deeper into some type of panic right now. Yet everything seems so much to me. Like now I'm worried about my heart going to slow and feeling faint. Like it's just going to stop.

Tomorrow I'll probably wake up and be like lol made it through the night after all. Then the next day it will all start again. II'm feeling very desperate right now. Any words are welcome.

So like I said... I made it through another night lol. Today I've been very on edge again. Worrying about the night to come :(

I’m sure you know that you’re making night time worse by panicking about it. Do you have a bedtime routine to relax and de stress before bed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When my reflux gets bad my number one symptom is stabbing, searing pain at the centre and left of my chest. It lasts for days.

Also, anxiety will give you rapid heart beats, all the time. It's not dangerous and you don't need to fear it. My heart rate would spike at anything from 120-180bpm during my worst bouts of anxiety.

Your heart rate can be fast with reflux too as it irritates your vagus nerve. Mine would often go to 80-100bpm after a big evening meal and stay there for several hours.

Try using a good quality apple cider vinegar a couple of times a day, which almost completely cured my reflux. You still have to watch what you eat, but it's very effective. I use about a tablespoon diluted in a glass of water.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information