i've had a bad throat and sore tongue for ages now.
I went on holiday recently and most of my symptoms cleared up.My throat still was prickly and tongue was a little irritated but a great deal better.
Since I have come back home and am back to work, it has all started up again.My throat has started prickling again and tonge is getting more sore down one side by the day!

Surely this must be stress related!

I had a doc appt. last week but cancelled as my symptoms were much better.but since then it has all got back on my mind etc... the docs(before my hols) said they would give me the option to refer me to ENT, not because they think anything is wrong, just to give me peace of mind.
I dont know what to do! If I ask for referral, I know I will stress myself out big time until I've had the appointmet.

All in all, my throat, down one side is not as bad as it was before my hol, but my tongue is getting pretty sore down one side. When it becomes sore I am really concious about it and "play with my tongue" against my teeth, which I am sure will make it worse.
Also, I have noticed that when I talk, my throat itches like mad.(same side) -could this because it is dry? or maybe from the way I now hold my tongue in my mouth?

the things which have changed within the last week have been:

Looking at my throat more with a flashlight.......7-8 times a day!
been in the internet more looking for symptoms etc..
the problem is on my mind more.
drinking a lot more tea!- can this irritate the mouth?

any help / advice would be great!