Page 7 of 183 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread: the EU & the UK

Re: the EU & the UK

In regards to Ali I agree with you Terry. Much can be argued about the man.

Now Benny Hill...that's a different story...I agree with you there as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Pipkin View Post
    As someone who has lived in another EU country and seen the benefits, I'm an inny (which autocorrect tried to change to ninny - no comments!). That's by the by really as we all have the right to our opinion.

What's disappointing is that the whole thing's turned into a dog fight and it's virtually impossible to separate fact from fiction. What I can't see is how the government is going to unite after this, regardless of the outcome. Whilst we can express different views and work fine alongside people, when it gets nasty, it's hard to recover from.

Still, it gives us something to talk about apart from the weather. By the way, it's scorching here today...

Pip
    Yep I am an inny too hun .
    For some crazy reason while reading this thread I had the Hokey cokey going round in my head

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Well we had a day off from endless (pointless? ) media on this yesterday with the passing of Cassius Clay/Muhammad Ali.

The Tories are likely to end up with a leadership battle but I'm not sure how long Cameron was intending to continue so it may have been on the cards on the inside. Maybe Gove, maybe Boris but it certainly won't be IDS given how many people would like to see him on top of a bonfire.

Labour seem more united under this issue but otherwise they are even worse off. The lack of confidence the voters had in them in the last election was very telling as the Tories were getting just as much stick then. UKIP ended up a damp squib.

I would be interested to know what people from other member states think about us. What do they believe is best? Some areas of the EU are a mess, do they feel like many here do?
    That's a great question, Terry. How do others in member states feel.
    Last edited by Noivous; 05-06-16 at 19:13.

Quote Originally Posted by Confused90 View Post
    Done my postal vote now out!
    Good to hear it. This is probably the last chance we will get to leave the sinking ship that is the EU.

---------- Post added at 19:37 ---------- Previous post was at 19:33 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I remember Russell Kane getting caught out promoting products with his celebrity status when he never had them. Made me laugh and it was a fake to test people thought to be doing it.

I've read his take on his OCD and in my opinion celebrities like that create more stigma than they reduce.

I wouldn't be scared of Hillary, she's just more of the same to me. It's not like the US hasn't had it's share of dodgy presidents. Governments aren't really in charge, the unelected civil servants, military and rich always own them...
    Yes Hillary would be more of the same, another puppet being controlled from behind the scenes. Bullying the rest of the world and finding excuses to start wars so America can further their own agenda. More of the same is not a good thing, it is escalating into something very very bad for this planet.

Hillary is a third Obama term. And my country can't survive that.

N.

OUT for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotagetthroughthis View Post
    Yes Hillary would be more of the same, another puppet being controlled from behind the scenes. Bullying the rest of the world and finding excuses to start wars so America can further their own agenda. More of the same is not a good thing, it is escalating into something very very bad for this planet.
    Well Trump won't change that, he would have to remove everyone who is part of the problem and that will never happen. It's the same over here, no one behind the scenes wants to see a change to what has been part of our governments for hundreds of years.

At least they tried to hide the oil issue with Iraq. Obama was completely outed in Syria, it was obvious from the start they didn't care about the rest of the country.

But then, no one cares about Africa for the most part...but should any black stuff seep through the top soil I'm sure they will be fighting us off.

Bullying those that can't fight back. Nice and quiet with Russia, NK, China, etc. Another tick in the "keep our nukes" box.

---------- Post added at 05:25 ---------- Previous post was at 05:21 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Superworrier View Post
    Yep I am an inny too hun .
    For some crazy reason while reading this thread I had the Hokey cokey going round in my head

Yeah, I know what you mean. Some comedian will probably have done a montage of them to it somewhere.

---------- Post added at 05:27 ---------- Previous post was at 05:25 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Noivous View Post
    In regards to Ali I agree with you Terry. Much can be argued about the man.

Now Benny Hill...that's a different story...I agree with you there as well!
    Until he can knock one of these out, he's not the greatest...

Last edited by MyNameIsTerry; 06-06-16 at 05:43.

I want to stay in, as does everyone I know. My boyfriend is likely to lose his job if we leave - he works with EU university student exchanges. My area of the country also works with European countries a lot so the threat of affecting business if we leave is a big thing here I think.

Another issue is that if the result is to leave, there is a strong possibility that the snp will push for independence again. So, either way if the UK leaves, Scotland may lose something either EU membership of being part of the UK!

Kimberley,

That is another issue I can't for the life of me understand about the SNP's argument over control by Westminster. They complain they don't have enough of their own say, moan about our politicians and yet this same party want to stay in the EU when that means they have less control anyway.

It just makes no sense. But I agree, they are itching to push for another vote.

Did anyone see the amount lost in student grants for those that just went back to their country of origin afterwards? I think it was £89m. Stuff like that really annoys people, it's just using our system for free cash.

What annoys me about this is that it's even allowed.

There was a statistic about how much the NHS is cost by health tourism and we were forking out money to EU countries when our citizens had used theirs but barely collecting anything back. That's not a problem with the EU, that's a problem with the lack of management in collecting what other countries owe and that won't go away even if we leave.

Page 7 of 183 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast

Thread Information