Thread: Recurring red spots on breast, freaking out and haven't slept in days!!!

Recurring red spots on breast, freaking out and haven't slept in days!!!

Hi guys, about a week ago a had a bunch of red spots pop up under my left arm and along the outside of my left breast. along with a few red spots around my nipple, it's been a week and they've faded considerably, but a tiny red dot under the skin and a small bright pink patch appeared yesterday. All on the same left breast.

I've been crying and bordering on hysterical for the last few hours, I asked my mum (who had a few scares herself) and she doesn't think there's anything wrong, she even has similar spots.

But right now mt mind is telling me it's cancer, I'm so so scared right now. Does anyone know what I'm talking about, does anyone else get spots on their boobs? I just want the fear to go away

Re: Recurring red spots on breast, freaking out and haven't slept in days!!!

I totally understand how you are feeling. A similar experience is what started my health anxiety last year! The red blotches I had turned out to be a simple fungal infection. Really common and easily treated with some cream from the doctor! It can be caused by sweating (due to hot weather or frequent exercise) or by not drying your skin properly after a shower.
    Honestly, I was convinced I had inflammatory breast cancer because every google hit said that a rash on the boob always means cancer!
    Obviously that is NOT true!
    My doctor first diagnosed excema but when the cream wasn’t working I became even more sure it must be cancer and my anxiety snowballed! I went to see another doctor who took one look at it and knew straight away what it was. He gave me the correct cream and in no time the blotches disappeared!

I’m sure yours will be something similar but let your doctor see so they can reassure you and treat it!

The kind of breast cancer that manifests itself with the redness and rash is an extremely rare form of breast cancer! It only accounts for 1-5% of all breast cancers, so the chances you’d have it are very very unlikely!

Thread Information