Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terrified I've got pancreatic cancer

Re: Terrified I've got pancreatic cancer

Hi everyone, I hope you’re all having a lovely weekend. I just wanted to give a little update on my symptoms etc.

Over the past few days the bloatedness in the stomach seems to have abated, it’s not as bad although I am still having a fair bit of wind and belching.

What has stuck around though is the discomfort in my left ribs. It doesn’t hurt when I press on them exactly, but is achy and what can only be described as a ‘weak’ feeling, I guess? This morning I woke up because I’d been lying on my left side and was really uncomfortable from being laid on them for example.

It’s mostly in the same place, at the front to the side slightly, but does move further up occasionally around the back and also across the bottom – as if it’s following a line.

It sounds silly writing it down, but could this still be IBS etc. or something more sinister like bone cancer for example?

Hi everyone, a week on and I'm still having the same problems.

Today I thought I was doing well. I woke up without any rib pain and decided to try and go to the gym and work out as it usually relaxes me. I came back feeling quite good, but then after an hour I started to feel discomfort in my lower left rib and then started to get stomach ache shortly after eating and heading into town. I felt horrible, discomfort under my ribs, stomach ache in centre of stomach, and around the back, tired and then even started to get the odd pain in the shoulder blades.

I came home early and went to the loo, which seemed to help a little - but I've still got a bit of an ache as I sit on the sofa and the feeling of an empty/nawing in my stomach area.

What's worrying is that my bowel movements haven't really changed. They may have been slightly looser, but there's been no constipation or diarrhoea that goes with IBS. Which is making me worry that's it's something more sinister laying inside.

Sorry to moan on a Saturday night

So sosososo unlikely to be pancreatic cancer. Always good to get new symptoms checked out by doctor in case it is something that needs treating like, say, an ulcer. Some of the symptoms you describe do sound a bit ulcer-like. Have you been to a doctor about this problem?

Not yet. It's really hard to get an appointment around here. The earliest they could fit me in was the first week in November.

I tried to get a hot bath earlier to try and make me relax, but when I laid down in the bath it felt like there was a balloon in my stomach, below my ribs. Not nice.

I hate having health anxiety, why does everything always have to catastrophic diseases?

You need to see a doctor and get answers - we can only guess what it is and we are NOT medically qualified to guess/diagnose.

You have HA and would do well to treat that to be fair.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Many thanks for replying

On the waiting list to see someone about my HA. Clearly there's a few of us in my area who need some more support like myself

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information