Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Terrified I have pancreatic cancer

Re: Terrified I have pancreatic cancer

I don't doubt you're having symptoms. 99% of the posts here are about anxiety symptoms and they're definitely real but you've posted about several cancers you thought you've had over the last year. What are you doing to treat your anxiety?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hey, thanks for replying so quickly

Last time I felt something similar to this they found nothing. They did a stool sample (which came back clear) and then sent me for some blood tests (which all came back fine too) and my symptoms seems to go soon after.

The symptoms this time around are not exactly the same (more on the left side than all over) and the ache under the ribs is different this time.

My girlfriend seems to think anxiety is playing a big part (and I do suffer from anxiety pretty badly)

---------- Post added at 18:38 ---------- Previous post was at 18:35 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I don't doubt you're having symptoms. 99% of the posts here are about anxiety symptoms and they're definitely real but you've posted about several cancers you thought you've had over the last year. What are you doing to treat your anxiety?

Positive thoughts
    Hey Fish

Earlier this year I was transferred to take part in an online CBT course through my local council help centre - where I'd have a weekly phone chat with a professional to go over my anxiety etc. It seemed to help a little but clearly not enough since I'm back here.

Currently on a waiting list to see if I make the grade for a one to one with a professional councillor.

I might have to go private if the wait is too long.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesRed View Post
    Hey Fish

Earlier this year I was transferred to take part in an online CBT course through my local council help centre - where I'd have a weekly phone chat with a professional to go over my anxiety etc. It seemed to help a little but clearly not enough since I'm back here.

Currently on a waiting list to see if I make the grade for a one to one with a professional councillor.

I might have to go private if the wait is too long.
    That's good to hear! In the mean time, there is a self help course HERE you can work on.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Hi again everyone,

Apologies for posting so much, but I have a question.

I'm obviously trying to combat my HA, but wondering what the best way to go about it is. Because I'm obviously feeling symptoms right now, I'm in a state of HA, but what's the best course of action to try and beat this?

Should I try and get these symptoms figured out first through my PHP, or should I try and face the health anxiety head on and try to beat that and hope the symptoms at the same time?

Obviously I'm fearing the worst currently, so maybe try and get the all clear from the doctors first?

I'm obviously trying to combat my HA, but wondering what the best way to go about it is.
    In the mean time, there is a self help course HERE you can work on.
    Have you downloaded the modules? What questions do you have about them?

Positive thoughts

Yup, downloaded them and currently up to Module 4

I guess my question is it's kind of a catch 22 situation. I want to beat the HA, but am in the midst of symptoms currently. Do you think it's possible to get these symptoms to stop through doing the rest of the course?

Yup, downloaded them and currently up to Module 4

I guess my question is it's kind of a catch 22 situation. I want to beat the HA, but am in the midst of symptoms currently. Do you think it's possible to get these symptoms to stop through doing the rest of the course?
    Yes, but not immediately.

Anxiety is like a campfire. When you're in the midst of a spiral the fire is burning bright and hot. When the flames die down, there's still a bed of red hot coals burning away just waiting for some more fuel. You may not feel anxious but your body is still on high alert and has a bed of hot anxiety coals inside just waiting to flare up. Just like a campfire, the hot coals of anxiety take a long time to finally go out.
    It takes time and hard work but as the anxiety wanes, the flames will go down. As long as you keep working on the modules and putting the techniques into practice, you'll keep the flames from flaring up and thus improving the symptoms associated with them.

Positive thoughts

The good thing about retraining your brain to think slightly differently, is that is works even for when you DO have a serious illness. I'm not saying that you DO, but if in the future you did then you can employ the same methods of thought processes.

I'm currently trying to do the distraction tasks on the modules - my house hasn't been this clean in years! but I'm finding them not to work.

What things do you guys do to take your mind off your symptoms?

DIY, a major job of some sort. Hobbies ; crafts/gardening/wildlife/volunteering/cooking/learning a new skill.....something I like and enjoy generally.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information