Thread: Intrusive thoughts images/ dreams making me depressed.

Intrusive thoughts images/ dreams making me depressed.

I have been struggling with this recently, I don't want to go into detail about them but it's very traumatic for me. I am trying to push past them, but last night I had a terrible awful dream which worsened my intrusive thoughts.

I am just trying to keep busy but its hard, I feel very depressed and down by what my brain is making me "see" even though I dont want to see any of it.

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: Intrusive thoughts images/ dreams making me depressed.

Intrusive thoughts are unfortunately a part of depression/anxiety disorders. And of course it will make you feel even worse, especially starting the day after a bad dream has ramped up anxiety.

You can either stay busy and keep your mind occupied with other things or remain with the intrusive thought until it begins to lose intensity. Both are hard to do, I know, but keep in mind that this is just a phase/stage and will pass.

I've noticed you've been posting a lot less recently and this does not mean you're relapsing.

Keep it that way, Mav

Never Surrender, Comrade

Quote Originally Posted by KK77 View Post
    Intrusive thoughts are unfortunately a part of depression/anxiety disorders. And of course it will make you feel even worse, especially starting the day after a bad dream has ramped up anxiety.

You can either stay busy and keep your mind occupied with other things or remain with the intrusive thought until it begins to lose intensity. Both are hard to do, I know, but keep in mind that this is just a phase/stage and will pass.

I've noticed you've been posting a lot less recently and this does not mean you're relapsing.

Keep it that way, Mav
    Thankyou, I know deep down it is a phase, I hope is passes quickly. I keep having images in my dreams now, I woke up today aswell with a similar dream. It's hard because it makes me question my morality even though I know my intrusive thoughts and images are not me, they a completely seperate to me and who I know myself to be. They truly disgust me, today I am working hard to shake it off. Keeping myself busy is helping.

Not a fair start to the day honestly. :(

Think I am developing POCD and very distressed.

I have felt very depressed by the unwanted intrusive thoughts that have been entering my mind recently. I think typing this out will help me, I don't want to see a therapist but I may if this starts for affect me to the point where I can't function properly.

The theme of intrusive thoughts that I have all of a sudden began to experience seem to be POCD, and it REALLY hurts. It's not that I am frightened, or even think I could be or become a pedo.

it's just the unwanted images that pop into my head that my mind creates about children that it's made me want to avoid all children all together. The images my brain creates makes my stomach drop, I know I am giving the thoughts a lot of power. But I get so depressed and it creates a cycle.

It all started when I had a dream of a child being abused by a group of people, and the dream was so distressing, I woke up sweating and feeling sick and I found myself wondering why my brain would even dream that up, and since then images similar to that dream just keep entering my brain.

it really deeply upsets me, and because of the taboo nature of this type of intrusive thoughts it's hard to speak about it with anyone. If anyone knows a way to help me or suffers also, could you please reply to this thread.

I find it SO unfair that my brain is throwing this at me, like I haven't had enough anxiety and depression in my life time, and all of a sudden an unspeakable type of mental illness wants to tear away at me. I know it hurts because I know what my character is, I wouldn't want to imagine even a fly being hurt, let alone a child or animal etc. This saddens me deeply.

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Emmz

nolite te basstardes carborundorum

Thread Information