Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: More mouth worries

Re: More mouth worries

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    So you're claiming that the dentist did an oral examination of your mouth and neglected to check your gums? Do you realize how absurd that statement is? Do you recognize you're thinking that to keep your irrational fear alive?

I agree with Clarity concerning the very obvious pattern of HA. Truly, look into getting some real life help. You're young and shouldn't have to suffer like this.

Positive thoughts
    I genuinely don't know what to do anymore- hopefully the meds will help

My problems continue I think I found another lumpy thing near my gum and when I push on my tooth it's sore and I'm afraid it'll go lose and come out. I think it may me more than gingivitis that the dentist said I had. Now worried

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew1233 View Post
    Now worried
    With all due respect, you’ve been “worried” constantly for a month now.

Re: Spot on side of tongue

To recap, you have demonstrated the following symptoms in this thread:

- Excessive, uncontrollable, chronic worry
    - Googling worst case scenarios
    - Catastrophic thoughts (from what you googled)
    - Fear
    - Daily symptom checking, prodding, etc
    - Detective work actively searching for new symptoms, then trying to come up with an explanation for anything you find
    - Reassurance seeking
    - "Yeah, but..." syndrome
    - "What if this time..." syndrome
    - Deciding in advance to be worried about future situations which are not remotely guaranteed to happen (the "what if they order tests I will be scared" part)
    - Medical professional identifying your anxious state
    - Neglect of basic personal hygiene
    - Rationalizing that a medical professional skipped a very basic part of her examination

I normally would stay away from "diagnosing", but I can 100% diagnose you, even though you are a stranger on the Internet, with...

....anxiety.

There is absolutely no question about it. I can recognize some of these symptoms in myself and many in others on here. It is an EXTREMELY common pattern.

So what will you do? First know that ONLY you can resolve it. Here's some things that can help you.

- Acceptance that this is anxiety.
    - Look through the Free CBT links on this forum (sorry I don't have the links I am on my phone)
    - Talk to your doctor about your anxiety. Feel free to show him/her your threads on here.
    - Meditate daily.
    - Exercise
    - Refrain from looking at/feeling around your mouth for physical symptoms (new or current). Maybe start by skipping a day, then next time don't look for two days, etc.
    - Refrain from ANY reassurance seeking
    - No playing detective to solve a mystery of why something feels like it does.
    - Stay busy.
    - Eat well
    - If necessary, see a therapist for actual CBT.

Does that sound reasonable? Doable?

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Nailed it jray!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by jray23 View Post
    To recap, you have demonstrated the following symptoms in this thread:

- Excessive, uncontrollable, chronic worry
    - Googling worst case scenarios
    - Catastrophic thoughts (from what you googled)
    - Fear
    - Daily symptom checking, prodding, etc
    - Detective work actively searching for new symptoms, then trying to come up with an explanation for anything you find
    - Reassurance seeking
    - "Yeah, but..." syndrome
    - "What if this time..." syndrome
    - Deciding in advance to be worried about future situations which are not remotely guaranteed to happen (the "what if they order tests I will be scared" part)
    - Medical professional identifying your anxious state
    - Neglect of basic personal hygiene
    - Rationalizing that a medical professional skipped a very basic part of her examination

I normally would stay away from "diagnosing", but I can 100% diagnose you, even though you are a stranger on the Internet, with...

....anxiety.

There is absolutely no question about it. I can recognize some of these symptoms in myself and many in others on here. It is an EXTREMELY common pattern.

So what will you do? First know that ONLY you can resolve it. Here's some things that can help you.

- Acceptance that this is anxiety.
    - Look through the Free CBT links on this forum (sorry I don't have the links I am on my phone)
    - Talk to your doctor about your anxiety. Feel free to show him/her your threads on here.
    - Meditate daily.
    - Exercise
    - Refrain from looking at/feeling around your mouth for physical symptoms (new or current). Maybe start by skipping a day, then next time don't look for two days, etc.
    - Refrain from ANY reassurance seeking
    - No playing detective to solve a mystery of why something feels like it does.
    - Stay busy.
    - Eat well
    - If necessary, see a therapist for actual CBT.

Does that sound reasonable? Doable?

Thank you for this I really appreciate this- I am feeling slightly better today and yesterday I was working which took my mind of things partly.

I have read somewhere that having "negative thoughts" increases you're susceptibility to getting various diseases including cancer, what is your opinion on this?

Thank you for this I really appreciate this- I am feeling slightly better today and yesterday I was working which took my mind of things partly.

I have read somewhere that having "negative thoughts" increases you're susceptibility to getting various diseases including cancer, what is your opinion on this?
    I'm glad that I'm able to help even just a bit! I know what a terrible place the deep rabbit hole of HA is.

As for negative thoughts causing serious disease, well that is something that I don't think is proven, but my personal opinion is that it could - indirectly - as it can build up to stress and too much stress for too long can certainly hurt a person's health. But what's important to note from this opinion is that it would be something that really really would be a lifelong buildup, I don't think being anxious for a couple months or anything would be able to have such a massive physical impact or we would see a clear link by now as everyone goes through tough times in some way or another! Or it could be even more indirect such as the lifelong thoughts lead to lifelong stress leading to poor habits leading to poor nutrition/exercise/sleep etc which then leads to disease. And what's even more important is that anything like that would be almost always reversible unless the disease had already set in.

It was going so well and I thought I wouldn't be back here for a while but I found like a lumpy swollen bump on the roof of my mouth and now I feel like I'm back to Square one. I knows it's probably nothing but yet again it feels like its something even with all the other mouth problems I had it doesn't seem coincidental. This is just more frustrating than worrying now but still worrying at the same time

It was going so well and I thought I wouldn't be back here for a while but I found like a lumpy swollen bump on the roof of my mouth and now I feel like I'm back to Square one. I knows it's probably nothing but yet again it feels like its something even with all the other mouth problems I had it doesn't seem coincidental. This is just more frustrating than worrying now but still worrying at the same time
    I think you being back could have been predicted by anybody...except you obviously. Your pattern is crystal clear....no matter how much reassurance you’re given from here, from medical professionals, etc, you’ll always be back.
    You’re not treating the one thing that needs treating most...the thing on top of your shoulders.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information