Thread: Travel And Stomach / Anxiety issues

Travel And Stomach / Anxiety issues

Hello all. I’m on a trip for work now filming an event overseas. I’ve had an inordinate amount of anxiety on this trip for some reason, from anxiety on the plane fearing I’d lose my mind to now freaking out about getting sick overseas and having no communication and being trapped here by a 10 hour flight home.

Woke up from a dead sleep just now with a big bowel movement that made me super nauseous for a moment to the point where i had serious anxiety and was fearing i was super ill, had thoughts about the Spanish flu where someone came down with the flu and died within 4 hours.

I’ve had no downtime on this trip as they overloaded the schedule and i have to participate in every event as I’m responsible for filming. So it’s a lot of pressure and no time to go off and collect myself and relax.

Also have been having bouts of vertigo/dizziness in the evening that I attributed to being fatigued / dehydrated. But still freaks me out.

Anyway has anyone ever freaked out on a trip before worrying about their health? I’m in a first world country but there’s a big language barrier and it’s it’s very far from home.

Re: Travel And Stomach / Anxiety issues

Well yes, it’s quite common to get anxiety away from home comforts.

But look, this morning I had major anxiety thinking that I should drive to work instead of walk, just in case my daughter needed me quickly.
    I gave myself a good talking to, practiced some relaxation and walked to work. Everything was fine, I let my anxiety take over for a few minutes and it ran away from me.

So, reel it in. You’re fine, just a bit anxious. How amazing that you’re in another country doing something so cool. Enjoy, try not to let the stresses overwhelm you. You’re going to be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Travel And Stomach / Anxiety issues

Thanks for your response. I posted here because I felt trapped, everyone is asleep and I’m struggling to be quiet and not wake up my roommate. It’s so embarrassing. I’ve never felt such panic on waking up because of that though :(

Thread Information