Thread: Health Anxiety fear

Health Anxiety fear

Morning all 🙂

Haven’t posted in a while but I have an issue I need help with.
    Ok so I need a tooth pulled and one filled and I’m terrified that either I’m going to be that panicked that I will have a heart attack or something else just as bad will happen and also the sensation of a numb mouth will freak me out.
    I’ve never had to have work done before on my teeth apart from the odd scrape and polish here and there with the hygienist. To top this off I have people saying if I don’t get it done I could get abscesses in my mouth that could burst and I could die anyway.
    Again I’m back to feeling like my heart is very weak and vulnerable and anything could trigger something bad :(

Someone please help 🙈

Re: Health Anxiety fear

The feeling of your mouth being numb is quite funny actually!! The worst I would ever worry about is chewing on your lip or inside of your cheek too hard and not realizing it because you can't feel it. I have heart issues myself. And you can tell your dentist that you have heart issues and they'll adjust the numbing medication and leave out anything that could potentially affect your heart rhythm at all. It's really not bad.

Get some videos of yourself after! Just for fun and to lighten the anxiety. Drink water while your numb. Sing a Christmas song. And make sure to smile on camera. It's pretty comical.

I hope this helps some.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Re: Health Anxiety fear

I had a tooth pulled out and like you i was petrified...turns out you wont feel anything other than a pulling motion and the after care is not that bad...you need to get it removed but don't worry nothing bad will happen just slight discomfort and a healthier set of teeth

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Thread Information