Thread: Nosebleed worries

Nosebleed worries

I scraped my nostril with my nail and had a very minor nose bleed. Petrified this could be infected and no obvious way to put plaster on nostril. Read online that bacteria could get in and cause meningitis.

What should I do?

Re: Nosebleed worries

Breathe, and relax. I know HA is evil, but I promise, you're not going to get meningitis from this. There's absolutely no need to be worrying about a tiny scratch, no matter where the location.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    Breathe, and relax. I know HA is evil, but I promise, you're not going to get meningitis from this. There's absolutely no need to be worrying about a tiny scratch, no matter where the location.
    But the nose is close to the brain and there is no real way to stop clean the nostril due to its location and it did bleed for a while but it's stopped now.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoDude View Post
    But the nose is close to the brain and there is no real way to stop clean the nostril due to its location and it did bleed for a while but it's stopped now.
    Dude, you picked your nose. It bled. So? If nose picking caused people to die, the human race wouldn't exist. If you're that concerned, get a saline rinse. Frankly, to allow this to occupy your mind and make you miserable is ludicrous.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You should stay away from Google for a minute and go make yourself a lovely cup of tea or whatever you fancy and stop feeding this irrational fear...you are safe and you won't get any infection ..

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Dude, you picked your nose. It bled. So?
    I understand that but I caused this nosebleed by accident it wasn't random which is more of a concerning thing. I know that I made a small incision on the nostril and I don't believe all nosebleeds are caused by this.

Quote Originally Posted by GeoDude View Post
    I understand that but........
    Respectfully, you're in a rabbit hole. Sorry you're so upset by this. Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

The body is designed to fight off infection and heal. As FMP said earlier, if a small scrape inside the nose caused brain infections and sepsis then we'd have all been long gone!

Here is a thread that might interest you to read.....

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showth...healing+tongue

Thread Information