Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finding ways to deal with weekly blood tests anxiety

Re: Elevated White Blood count -30.5weeks pregnant

I had pre-eclampsia too and was really calm, which was SO unlike me. I was just annoyed I was on bedrest haha. My WBC went from 11 to 16.8 in 8 days (I just went and looked to get exact numbers). I didn't even know it until I went back and looked at my results later. I was more worried about the liver/kidney part at the moment.

Re: Elevated White Blood count -30.5weeks pregnant

I’m going through another batch of weekly blood tests tomorrow. Will try my best to stay calm but I know it will be super hard.

This week will be my 31st week. I’m hoping my white count can go down (they blamed it on the stereoid shots I received a week before last blood tests and my flu shot). Also hoping my liver and kidney are hanging good. Surprisingly, I’m more calm about my real condition (preeclampsia) over this white count thing.

Finding ways to deal with weekly blood tests anxiety

Hi moderators
    Please merge my thread if this is the same. It’s the same issue but I have different questions.

I’m at 32 weeks pregnan5 and because of my preeclampsia condition, they make me take weekly blood tests. Among them is CBC and I couldn’t believe that this weekly stress is bringing up my anxiety over the proof. I know my White count is elevated(around 12-15) with Nuetrophil around 8-10. I’m mildly anemic. What bothers me is Immature Grans ABS is increasing from 0.2 to 0.4 in 3 weeks of tests. I asked doctor about it and she keeps saying it is normal in pregnancy on every test.

Now I’m at the point where I am considering not to know my future blood tests and only ask her to let me know if they are OK or not every week. Or shall I consult with my GP for 2nd opinion? Not knowing specific numbers might help with my anxiety or might make it worse. I don’t know. I’m feeling like crap/scared. It’s not healthy for my baby but I couldn’t help it.

Any advice is very appreciated
    Thanks

Re: Finding ways to deal with weekly blood tests anxiety

I think that's reasonable. Obviously, you need the blood work due to your condition but explain to your doctor that getting the weekly results are raising your anxiety and you don't need to know the details. A simple "Everything looks good" will suffice.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

Elen

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I think that's reasonable. Obviously, you need the blood work due to your condition but explain to your doctor that getting the weekly results are raising your anxiety and you don't need to know the details. A simple "Everything looks good" will suffice.

Positive thoughts
    Hi Fishmanpa,
    I just emailed her confessing my anxiety. She also suggested that I shall leave the worrying to her and not look at the numbers by myself. I’m bending this way but I’m afraid not knowing is also a different way of stressing out. I think the issue is that I don’t trust doctor, and yet I need these tests because of my condition. Shall I do that and also run the tests through my GP which I have known for longer time and tend to trust her more like 2nd opinion.

Since it's your health anxiety making you not trust the nurse, I think you need to draw the line and trust her. She's in agreement about letting her deal with the results and all she's doing is looking at numbers. To worry she's misreading them is truly unfounded. Your GP would be consulted anyway if something were questionable.

You're only looking at a couple of more months anyway

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information