Thread: Lymph Nodes - Sigh Lymphoma

Lymph Nodes - Sigh Lymphoma

Can root canals cause a very mildly inflamed node? One Doc said i had one on side of neck, barely noticeable really had to feel for it, but nothing to worry about. Having a hard time believing him.

I've also had a viral sinus infection for a couple weeks. Was at my internist on Monday and she said my meck feels fine. I've heard that swelling with lymphoma is not mistakable. Is that true?

Re: Lymph Nodes - Sigh Lymphoma

Quote Originally Posted by rmq00108 View Post
    I've heard that swelling with lymphoma is not mistakable. Is that true?
    Your doctor isn’t worried....who cares what a bunch of Internet strangers say?

Quote Originally Posted by AMomentofClarity View Post
    Your doctor isn’t worried....who cares what a bunch of Internet strangers say?

Because I feel like hes blowing me off because of my health anxiety

Because I feel like hes blowing me off because of my health anxiety
    Why would your doc risk his career just because you have health anxiety. He's not going to lie to you just because you have anxiety. If something were suspicious, he would take the appropriate steps to evaluate and treat as needed.

Can root canals cause a very mildly inflamed node? One Doc said i had one on side of neck, barely noticeable really had to feel for it, but nothing to worry about. Having a hard time believing him.

I've also had a viral sinus infection for a couple weeks. Was at my internist on Monday and she said my meck feels fine. I've heard that swelling with lymphoma is not mistakable. Is that true?
    Any dental work that involved poking, cutting or scraping can cause swollen nodes around your neck and jaw. It opens your mouth to infections that your nodes react to to fight. They are doing their job.Whenever I get dental work done, my lymph nodes swell for a good week.

I have 2 nodes I can feel on the side of my neck. They feel like little oval peas I can slip around. One I have to kinda search for and the other is a little more closer to the surface. I found one back in Jan. and the other in July. I had a neck ultrasound and the Dr. wasn't concerned.

How often do you press or 'test' it? Trust me, lymph nodes enlarge and respond to being pressed or messed with. There are specific things doctors look for aside from 'enlargement' that indicate pathological issues...like texture, pain or no pain, etc. If the doctor isn't concerned, trust that there is a reason beyond "well you were sick so duh". Inflamed nodes feel different than cancerous ones.

Thread Information