Thread: Abdominal Aneurysm panic

Abdominal Aneurysm panic

I've been feeling very anxious and panicky tonight so had a bath earlier, heart was racing a bit, and I can feel it beating hard.

While in the bath I noticed that my belly fat was wobbling a bit with each heartbeat. Im 32' and quite thin but have some belly fat, and If I pressed down below my button I could feel the pulse.

Unfortunately I googled this and its brought up aortic aneurysm, needles to say my heart is racing and beating even harder now, heading into a sleepless night.

Some sites say this is normal but others say its sign of a aortic aneurysm. Its most common in over 60 obese men who have smoked, but cannot help worry.

I may see the doctor tomorrow over my scatica so will mention this to him as well.

Re: Abdominal Aneurysm panic

It's not likely that you have an aortic aneurysm and it's a bad idea to look symptoms up on Google.. You mention you are rather thin and since that's the case it would be pretty normal to see your heart beat.

I sometimes while sitting with my legs crossed can see my foot bouncing with my pulse and sometimes I can see my phone bouncing with my pulse when I hold it in my hand. I am overweight and have seen it in my abdomen as well while laying in the bath, I sometimes even see it in my vision which is weird but whatever

You sound as bad me! Weren’t you on ALS last week?? I get this and always have - it is normal!

Quote Originally Posted by jojo2316 View Post
    You sound as bad me! Weren’t you on ALS last week?? I get this and always have - it is normal!
    Yeah the week before I went from stomach ulcer, crohn's disease to Motor Neuron, and now MS.

I'm still stuck on MS after what the doc said was 'sciatica symptoms', but I don't know how much to trust that. The symptoms have subsided but my leg felt 'weak' and odd yesterday - although I did manage to walk the dog for an hour. MS is a more realistic diagnosis than Motor Neuron, although the doc said it isn't that.

And then last night this AA thing. I actually have pain around my belly button area today, so I'm now worried what if the 'AA' is leaking after I pressed down to feel the aorta. I suffer from IBS now and again so there's a good chance it's that again, but just seems such a coincidence. Or......it's anxiety again.

I'v suffered from health anxiety for over 10 years, however the past 6 months have been dreadful - even worried about my children and partner.

Did the therapy come through yet? Have you been taking the meds you spoke about in your post history?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Did the therapy come through yet? Have you been taking the meds you spoke about in your post history?

Positive thoughts
    Hi Fishmanpa, I have been having weekly therapy since start of November, however that is following a CBT course with the NHS and a private Mindfullness course earlier in the year. I have not taken the medication yet, but as you can see, I'm running out of options. I really do not want to take them, but I probably should.

I have been recommended a 'fantastic' hypnotherapist, who is apparently in the top 10 in the UK, but I don't know if there's any point when I've tried various forms of therapy so far.

Thanks again.

I went to a doctor 2 years ago for something unrelated. She laid me down and saw my pulse all down my stomach. She was extremely concerned and ordered an immediate ultrasound the next day. I was flipping out for 24 hours, thinking I had a ticking time bomb in my stomach. When I went to get the ultrasound the next day, the tech seemed perplexed. I was 29 years old, female, and 110 lbs. As she was checking my abdomen she clarified that there was likely nothing to worry about and she was surprised that the doctor neglects to notice that most thin patients have an extremely visible and palpable pulse when laying on their backs. She said about 60% of her daily paitients have visible abdominal pulses. My abdominal aorta is actually clinically smaller than most, with absolutely no abnormalities. While cancer doesnt discriminate by age or gender, AAAs do. AAAs clinically take around 3 decades from initial start to become large enough to be an issue. The only exception are children with severe genetic bone or muscle abnormalities. There has never been an identified case of an otherwise healthy, young adult with a AAA pending rupture.

Quote Originally Posted by MrLurcher View Post
    Hi Fishmanpa, I have been having weekly therapy since start of November, however that is following a CBT course with the NHS and a private Mindfullness course earlier in the year. I have not taken the medication yet, but as you can see, I'm running out of options. I really do not want to take them, but I probably should.

I have been recommended a 'fantastic' hypnotherapist, who is apparently in the top 10 in the UK, but I don't know if there's any point when I've tried various forms of therapy so far.

Thanks again.
    After my 1st heart attack, I suffered from some depression. I was given Zoloft and went to therapy for 6 months. The meds calmed my mind and allowed me to focus on the therapy. After my cancer, I had some "scanxiety" issues pertaining to the follow ups. I had a 50/50 chance of the cancer returning the first two years after treatment and as you can imagine, that caused a lot of stress. I got a non-SSRI chill pill and they helped me cope when things got rough.

Talk to your therapist about it and also about the reassurance seeking. It truly is detrimental to your recovery.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    After my 1st heart attack, I suffered from some depression. I was given Zoloft and went to therapy for 6 months. The meds calmed my mind and allowed me to focus on the therapy. After my cancer, I had some "scanxiety" issues pertaining to the follow ups. I had a 50/50 chance of the cancer returning the first two years after treatment and as you can imagine, that caused a lot of stress. I got a non-SSRI chill pill and they helped me cope when things got rough.

Talk to your therapist about it and also about the reassurance seeking. It truly is detrimental to your recovery.

Positive thoughts
    Sorry to hear you've been through so much. You're patience to listen and reply to many on here, despite your own troubles is to be admired. Yes I have read that meds help you focus on the actual therapy, maybe that's why I have not benefitted from it.

I still have stomach pains tonight, and seem to be peeing frequently or feel that I need to. I'm thinking back to the sciatica/nerve problem again -because neurological problems can cause bladder issues.

I know that the docs have suggested I probably have IBS after years of on/off stomach problems - bad bloating, lots of excess wind (last night was terrible), and occasional diarrhea. But I cannot help right now but think what if all these abdominal symptoms are something bad in the making - bowel cancer, bladder cancer, crohn's etc.

All these are classic health anxiety topics, but I have actual pain and strange symptoms.

I really don't know what's going on right now, I'd like to get some bloods and tests done, but I don't know what I'd actually do if something bad was found.

I feel like I'm either heading for a breakdown or on the verge of a severe physical diagnosis.

Its very very rare for females to get AAA

Thread Information