Thread: Please Help, Alone, In pain, So scared

Please Help, Alone, In pain, So scared

Thank you. I can't believe this happened again! About six months ago I swallowed a small Chicken bone, it turned out OK, but last nite I accidentally did it again while eating a chicken breast. It was not that big, under an inch, maybe half an inch, but it was sharp. I tried to cough it out but it went down so quickly..I know it's NOT lodged in my throat..A good thing, but I read online most of the time stomach acid will dissolve it...but sometimes it can puncture the liver or intestines?! It was fairly small but sharp. My lower stomach is hurting very badly, but it always usually does when I'm scared or nervous. I did not have a normal bowel movement ( sorry I don't want to be distasteful) small and hard...but then again I did not eat much. I'm waiting for my Doctor too call back....it's Friday night through and he may not. I'm thinking of eating some bran cereal? Would that help "cushion" and get things going? What you think?

Sorry I am so nervous....I am home alone...my husband is at a holiday event with our child...if something happens it's always scarier to be alone. He is very upset and mad at me...he swore and yelled at me, called me a hypochondriac and said I was not going too ruin Christmas....I would never ever try to do that...especially to my child! The only thing I can think of is go to ER for X-rays, but our insurance won't cover them, and I would have to go alone, he refuses to go with me. And they may not be able to detect it! If my stomach would just stop hurting...I know the fear and panic would decrease...I am going to take a klonopin, do you think taking a tylenol for pain would be safe? I am so afraid I am going too die and ruin my child's Christmas. Has this ever happened to anyone? Any if the members? What happened, what did you do? Would bran help? Please help me if you can. Thank you so very much.

Re: Please Help, Alone, In pain, So scared

This happened last night - as in nearly 24 hours ago?

Yes you'll be fine!

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Yes about 24 hours ago. My fear is the sharp splintered edge of bone with puncture internal organ or lodged in appendix. Should not of looked on computer, but was trying to find remedies. The pain and lack of bowel movement is what is scaring me. Going to take tylenol, bran for breakfast ( too move things along) and prayers! Thank you for your reply. It helped. Fear is a terrible thing and my husbands anger makes it worse. Hoping for the best. Thank you again for your time and post.

Francesca, your husband really shouldn't be treating you like that. Anxiety is a sickness, it's not your fault.

For what it's worth, I'm a pig, I've eaten odd bits of chicken bone before. They're small and light, they dissolve easily, I'm pretty sure you'll be fine.

Thinking of you.

Thank you Iris for your reply. I was doing better with my panic and then this comes along. I slept for a few hours, it's very early here, I had a yogurt , I passed my bowels but I think it was for nerves, but I guess anyway is good to get it out! And you are so right about my husband, he makes the situation so much worse when he gets angry. I going to eat a few teaspoons of bran, take my klonopin, say my prayers and try to get a few more hours sleep, I'm exhausted from the worry and stomach pain. Your reply helped..and I thank you. I just pray and hope the bone "passed" it's been almost 36 hours, and I hope it's not lodged in me. Maybe some sleep will help, don't have to think about it or worry. Thanks!

Hi Franchesca, how are you doing now? To be honest to actually swallow a bone it couldn't have been that large, and must have been pretty tiny probably not even half an inch, I suspect much smaller. You would have chewed first and in order to go through that process, then be swallowed and go down to your stomach it can't have been very large at all. If it was anything larger than was able to be swallowed you would not have been able to, it could even have just been a hard piece of cartilage on the chicken that felt sharp as it went down? The stomach acids are very good at digesting sharp corners and edges on things. If it was very large (and I'm basing it on dogs here lol) it could block the stomach outlet, but you would know and would vomit at some point.

Thank you Carys. It's been almost 48 hours. I'm hoping it passed. I ate some bran. I have a new worry now that just happened a few hours ago, I'm going to post it on another post. I escaped my tummy on dirty rusty end of dust pan..this could only happen to me! No blood, or breakage of skin, just a little red and the cycle starting all over. I thick I'm having a major relapse of Health anxiety and panic. I was doing a LITTLE better, now I feel back to square one...first the chicken bone now the scape and I fear sepsis or tetanus! I have chronic pain, so I'm in pain everyday anyway. I want so bad not to be sick, in anyway for Christmas. I wish this nightmare of my life would end, so scared of dying and leaving my child. I'm praying very hard for health, in every way back. This is such a horrible way to live, Scared and in pain everyday. Thank your post, it helped.

Quote Originally Posted by Franchesca View Post
    I have a new worry now that just happened a few hours ago, I'm going to post it on another post.
    Just add it to this one. It paints a better picture of your thought processes.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Thread Information