Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Als MND panic- please help me!

Re: Als MND panic- please help me!

Been there, done that with neuro symptoms..It's incredible what the brain can do when it gets a bee in its bonnet.

I've got a routine mammogram and my very first bowel screening test in Jan (the test kit arrived today!) so will be tested in my HA resolve but what will be will be!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Been there, done that with neuro symptoms..It's incredible what the brain can do when it gets a bee in its bonnet.

I've got a routine mammogram and my very first bowel screening test in Jan (the test kit arrived today!) so will be tested in my HA resolve but what will be will be!
    Your resolve is inspirational (evidenced by your “no testing without clinical need” rule - which you stick to!!).

And yes it is truly amazing what the brain can do. I have a book called something like “it’s all in your head”, by a neurologist, which documents the most incredible ailments- blindness, paralysis - which were real, but eventually found to be psychosomatic in nature. It’s quite fascinating really

My friend's daughter has a functional neurological condition-no organic cause found but she is unable to walk for periods of time and then things return to normal for a while until the next episode. She is a high achiever but a perfectionist and has to work really hard at college. She is also anxious.

The brain and its functioning is such a mystery. I don't think even the most eminent neuroscientists will ever truly be able to fathom its depths and secrets.

I am feeling so desperate today and I know there is nothing anyone can say to help me, really, but maybe some virtual hugs?

I am having twitches all over, but particularly under my left foot and today I noticed what appeared to be atrophy on that side. I know pictures of body parts are not really allowed and I’m sorry. I could just really do with some sensible objective eyes.
    I did show a gp (not my own), who said they are not entirely symmetrical but he wouldn’t call it atrophy.
    Sorry sorry sorry. I’m really failing here

Sorry to hear you’re struggling with this!

Perhaps your foot has always been like it and you’re only noticing it now because you’re tuned in to symptoms? I’ve had that happen before such as when I was worried about brain tumour I noticed one pupil was a lot bigger than the other. It wasn’t in my mind, dr could see it too, but like he pointed out I’d probably had it for a while or forever. Still have it now, 8 years after that episode.

The twitching can also be caused by many things, when I was in that brain tumour episode the bottom of my left foot twitched all the time. I had nerve conduction tests and everything. After the MRI was clear it went away (well I prob still had it from time to time but didn’t focus on it)

Hope you can do something relaxing today to feel better!

Here is the picture. Sorry - horrible feet!

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/attach...1&d=1545395243
    Attached Images Attached Images

Just a reminder that this thread started in May of 2017! You don't have ALS. Our bodies are asymmetrical and that's the end of the story. Posting pics of normal body parts is a sign things are getting out of control. Perhaps it's time to revisit therapy and meds if you're not currently taking them. You've been going around in circles for quite some time

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

You don't have ALS. Your brain has convinced you that you do.

Having said this, no comment or objective view of your feet is going to make the slightest bit of difference to what you are thinking...

Jojo, you have to have some professional real life therapy. Forums can't give you the help you need xx

Well in 2014 was when I first found out I had HA ... I seen something on ALS and my father has a different type of neuralgic disease so My fear of als fear ramped up and I really believed I had als ... muscle were twitching all over my body I had eye fluatters (scared of MS) I even had bouts of feeling unbalanced my body was literally swaying uncontrollably it was all anxiety and lasted about two months I started to focus on other things and all symptoms deminshed I still get twitching every now and then but it’s nothing and goes away I moved on from that fear
    Wish I could do the same for my new fears ... smh

---------- Post added at 08:26 ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 ----------

Hope my story helps

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Just a reminder that this thread started in May of 2017! You don't have ALS. Our bodies are asymmetrical and that's the end of the story. Posting pics of normal body parts is a sign things are getting out of control. Perhaps it's time to revisit therapy and meds if you're not currently taking them. You've been going around in circles for quite some time

Hope you feel better soon.

Positive thoughts
    God bless you FMP!

---------- Post added at 13:43 ---------- Previous post was at 13:41 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    You don't have ALS. Your brain has convinced you that you do.

Having said this, no comment or objective view of your feet is going to make the slightest bit of difference to what you are thinking...

Jojo, you have to have some professional real life therapy. Forums can't give you the help you need xx
    I know dear Pulisa- I feel wretched and I do need to seek some sort of help. I was doing better for a while and right now I am as bad as ever. Sorry for venting

---------- Post added at 13:49 ---------- Previous post was at 13:43 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ScaredBBOY View Post
    Well in 2014 was when I first found out I had HA ... I seen something on ALS and my father has a different type of neuralgic disease so My fear of als fear ramped up and I really believed I had als ... muscle were twitching all over my body I had eye fluatters (scared of MS) I even had bouts of feeling unbalanced my body was literally swaying uncontrollably it was all anxiety and lasted about two months I started to focus on other things and all symptoms deminshed I still get twitching every now and then but it’s nothing and goes away I moved on from that fear
    Wish I could do the same for my new fears ... smh

---------- Post added at 08:26 ---------- Previous post was at 08:25 ----------

Hope my story helps
    Thank you - it does help very much. And in fact I have a similar story myself.... the beginning of this thread was a different ALS panic for me. When I stopped worrying about it the symptoms went. I KNOW how this looks. I know it obviously looks like anxiety but the difference in my feet is REAL - but maybe that’s always been there? I just don’t know what to think anymore.
    I’m the boy who cried “wolf” (but he got eaten in the end!!!)

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information