Thread: Dry skin on nipples?

Dry skin on nipples?

If it is not one thing it’s the other. I went to the doctor a couple of months ago for a little lump thing in between my breasts. Of course I had been thinking the worst but after seeing him he kind of seemed confused as to why I had come in for a thing like this and told me that it was just a pimple. Next, I had an aching pain in my left upper shoulder/neck area that I had for a month on and off so of course I thought that was cancer. The past month or two months my nipples have been really itchy, especially my left one. There are patches of dry skin on them. I know for a fact that I have experienced this before a year or two ago and that it went away. I’m not sure if it’s from being cold outside, but I definitely do suffer from dry skin. However, after googling I have found out that this matches breast cancer symptoms. I know that being 18 makes it a little less likely but now I am in full panic mode again. Could this just be dry skin? I’m beginning to feel so hopeless.

Re: Dry skin on nipples?

Quote Originally Posted by UserName16 View Post
    However, after googling.....
    So the obvious dry skin explanation with it being winter and dry goes out the window due to self sabotage. Why do you do this to yourself?

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Being 18 makes you a whole lot less likely (not just a little) but yes, hormonal changes can make nipples itch something chronic! Plus the time of year can make all things dry anyway. I do understand though I’m very cautious of my breasts also.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

But I have promises to keep,

And miles to go before I sleep. - Robert Frost

The type of breast cancer associated with dry skin on the nipple is called Paget’s disease, however dry skin on its own is not really a symptom of it. You’d literally be having nipples that were cracked, oozing and bleeding...like severe eczema, and also an inverting nipple and discharge.
    Believe me because I have had breast cancer anxiety for a year and have done a lot of research! Also, this type of cancer type calls affects women aged 50+.

I think you can relax. Just pop some gentle moisturiser on them and watch them heal!

I know the fear, I have a weird tmi gross but funny story that might reassure you about how bad it can look without actually being cancer. I had weird very hard, brown crusted dry skin/eczema? stuff all over both my nipples since I was about 11ish. I actually believed it was a normal part of the nipple and that the middle part was ACTUALLY the nipple since (tmi haha) but my nipples are pretty flat so this stuff stuck out and made it look like a normal shaped erect nipple. Anyway when I was about 13 one of them fell off and obviously, I FREAKED. Then the other fell off a year later and I was like "Wellp ok I have no nipples anymore lol." Bear in mind all these years I was way too embarrassed to tell anyone about all this and didn't once think - hey my nipples fell off maybe I should go to a doctor. Anyway once I was 17 I learnt about breast cancer and I was so terrified but still felt too awkward to tell anyone. So in my panicked mind I thought, I'll just get rid of it all somehow, that'll make the cancer go away... So I managed to get rid of it all by using vaseline all over them every day which (super gross..) usually made it stick to my bra and peel off. Not exactly what I was planning but it worked so I was cool with it. Within maybe a few months I had no more brown stuff and I still have NO idea what the heck it was. I'm 23 now and my boobs are fine, no cancer because I actually finally went for a checkup (because of a non-cancerous lump) when I was 20 and it was all clear! Anyway, I now put moisturiser on my nipples after every shower and I find that keeps it at bay from ever growing back which makes me think it's some kind of dry skin, like yours seems to be too. When I forget to put it on, I'll see very tiny brown flakes coming back again. Anyway, sorry if this was gross and maybe not that helpful but if you or anyone else is here worrying about weird stuff on their nipples convinced that it's cancer, I hope this reassures you! Still get a checkup of cause though.
    Take care!

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Thread Information