Page 85 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread: Very worried about esophageal cancer

Re: Very worried about esophageal cancer

Maybe it is but the sooner you get diagnosed and treated the better off you will be. Are you in the U. S.? If so, i would go to NIH website and look for clinical trials involving spinal cancer. You may possibly get free treatment if you join a trial. But your first step is getting a diagnosis. Make an appt with an oncologist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by roseanxiety View Post
    Maybe it is but the sooner you get diagnosed and treated the better off you will be. Are you in the U. S.? If so, i would go to NIH website and look for clinical trials involving spinal cancer. You may possibly get free treatment if you join a trial. But your first step is getting a diagnosis. Make an appt with an oncologist.

I can’t just see an oncologist I have to be referred..

The thing that’s most pathetic is that this thread has been going for 2 years....2 YEARS!!!! And it’s in the EXACT same place it was...yep, you guessed it, 2 years ago. And there’s still not a solution in sight. I’ll bet $100 that this time next year it’s still here, and still following the same pattern.

Well, get a referral.

Quote Originally Posted by roseanxiety View Post
    Well, get a referral.

Hypo can't just get referred without an actual diagnosis of cancer.

Hypo,
    Aren’t you tired of this? You’ve seen plenty of doctors. I know you’re irrational at the moment, and I’ve been there myself, but you have had this thread going for 2 years. The type of cancer has switched at least 3 times, and I haven’t read the whole thing. I know you’ve had tests done, and dismissed by doctors. Have you tried to help yoursel yet? Clean up your diet, get some exercise, maybe visit a chiropractor? None of these things will hurt you. You need to find some peace so you can start recovering from this mental illness, and it is just as real as any disease like cancer. You just can’t see it on an mri. Do it for your kids and your wife if not for yourself. I imagine your wife is getting pretty worn out with it all. Change your focus and work on healing yourself. You don’t have cancer, but you do have a mental illness. It’s sad to see you making yourself miserable, in an endless loop of anxiety and panic. Break the loop and do something different. Challenge your thoughts for once instead of riding that roller coaster all the time. At this rate, you will end up in a psych hospital and that might be what you need, I don’t know. Only you can decide to change it, though, so why not just try? It doesn’t hurt anything to try.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    This is aching in my bones though and muscle tension doesn’t last that long does it? I didn’t think it caused aching in the collarbone and chest too.

---------- Post added at 23:40 ---------- Previous post was at 23:33 ----------

This is hurting in the center where my spine is it’s not in the muscles I don’t think. Really think this might be bone cancer it’s aching in my bones
    Muscular tension goes on for months and months and months for some of us on here. I've been dealing with it for over 3-4 years now at least! Some stages it is much worse.

You have large chest muscles able to take larger loads than most muscles but repeated tensing can still cause aches. Not sure about the clavicle, other than the trapezius, but referred pain is an obvious consideration. Try a heavy workout of your deltoids or back and then you will feel it around that area.

We often don't realise that pain can be muscular but also the facia too. I've had myofascial pain, from Bruxism, and it really isn't pleasant.

---------- Post added at 02:42 ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anxiousamyj View Post
    The type of cancer has switched at least 3 times, and I haven’t read the whole thing.
    And that might just be on this thread. There are others with carcinoid tumour, brain tumour, kidney failure or bladder cancer, etc.

I spent so long thinking this pain between my shoulders was esophagus cancer but it’s definitely spinal.. Now it could be really advanced :(. I see the doctor in the morning so hopefully he orders some kind of scan and see what the damage is.. The aching just keeps spreading further around my chest and collarbone this can be just tension.

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Anxiousamyj View Post
    Hypo,
    Aren’t you tired of this? You’ve seen plenty of doctors. I know you’re irrational at the moment, and I’ve been there myself, but you have had this thread going for 2 years. The type of cancer has switched at least 3 times, and I haven’t read the whole thing. I know you’ve had tests done, and dismissed by doctors. Have you tried to help yoursel yet? Clean up your diet, get some exercise, maybe visit a chiropractor? None of these things will hurt you. You need to find some peace so you can start recovering from this mental illness, and it is just as real as any disease like cancer. You just can’t see it on an mri. Do it for your kids and your wife if not for yourself. I imagine your wife is getting pretty worn out with it all. Change your focus and work on healing yourself. You don’t have cancer, but you do have a mental illness. It’s sad to see you making yourself miserable, in an endless loop of anxiety and panic. Break the loop and do something different. Challenge your thoughts for once instead of riding that roller coaster all the time. At this rate, you will end up in a psych hospital and that might be what you need, I don’t know. Only you can decide to change it, though, so why not just try? It doesn’t hurt anything to try.

Trust me I know I have mental issues along with what going on in my spine too. I wish I could just be normal and just accept it could be cancer and deal with it..

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    ...and eating corn dogs !
    You’re not kidding. I have GERD, hiatus hernia and chronic gastritis and no bloody way I could eat a corn dog or other junk food like Hypo seems to do.

He’s taking the pee, frankly.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    I spent so long thinking this pain between my shoulders was esophagus cancer but it’s definitely spinal.. Now it could be really advanced :(. I see the doctor in the morning so hopefully he orders some kind of scan and see what the damage is.. The aching just keeps spreading further around my chest and collarbone this can be just tension.

---------- Post added at 21:27 ---------- Previous post was at 21:24 ----------

Trust me I know I have mental issues along with what going on in my spine too. I wish I could just be normal and just accept it could be cancer and deal with it..
    2 years man.....2 ****ing years you’ve been dwelling on this. Do you see the absurdity in that?

Page 85 of 100 FirstFirst ... 3575838485868795 ... LastLast

Thread Information