Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Breast Cancer Anxiety?

Re: Sooo much Breast cancer anxiety :(

Last night I had a bad dream that my coworkers left all the kids in the school in my room and then left and I had all 350 of them!

It doesn't mean that is going to happen, either. Carys has good advice.

Last night I had a bad dream that my coworkers left all the kids in the school in my room and then left and I had all 350 of them!

But.....that......could happen...right ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    But.....that......could happen...right ?
    Well sure, but I think the principal would be awfully upset about it.

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Stinging pain in left side of left breast. (HA)

Hi, I just recently turned 20 and since March I’ve noticed before my period I get a stinging pain on the very side of my left breast.

This freaked me out so I had a breast exam done about 5 months ago and the doc said I was fine. I will feel around that area just to be safe (which gives me so much HA) but I don’t feel anything suspicious.

I feel fine but I still get this pain, and it’s only in that area. Should I be worried??

Re: Stinging pain in left side of left breast. (HA)

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Stinging pain in left side of left breast. (HA)

That pain is normal, also you'll get it again during menopause , I get it and I am 46 , have had where it felt like I was being stabbed with a knife.

I can’t tell if the lumps in my breast are normal or not!!

Can someone please help me, I have horrible anxiety when it comes to breast cancer.

I am 20 years old and very thin so it’s easier for me to feel my breasts because I don’t have much fat.

I’ve felt little hard lumps very deep in my breast, I’ve felt a movable thick little “lump” near my armpit and I’ve felt a firm non movable (maybe?) soft lump in the middle of my breast and inch or two above my Nipple.

I did have a breast exam in March they they told me I was fine and not to give myself exams because of how thin I am, I will most likely feel something and freak. Of course I didn’t listen and now I’m back here.

Does any of these sound abnormal? I thought I’d come on here, I really need to focus on my college finals and it’s very hard to do so with the fear of breast cancer I’m my head 24/7 :(

Re: I can’t tell if the lumps in my breast are normal or not!!

I have spent all year feeling exactly the same way about my breasts!! I’ve been to my GP four times this year after finding what I thought were lumps, dimples, pain, discharge etc...and have also observed lumps change during my cycle.
    This year has definitely been a year of learning for me!

I now understand what my normal breast tissue feels like and accept that it can all feel different in terms of size and shape, but I recognise the similar texture that all my little lumps have. I also know that the breast tissue gets swollen as I approach my period which can make it feel lumpy. These usually return to normal after a week or two.

Now that I feel ok about my boobs...my obsession has moved to my underarms. It’s neverending isn’t it!

The best advice I can give you is to get an exam done by your doctor. Once they reassure you that what you are feeling is normal (which at your age I’d bet my house on it) then you can start to understand what breast tissue should feel like and not feel so worried when you notice them in the future.

Also, remember that even if there are some abnormal lumps there, you have a 90% chance of them being something innocent, like a fibroadenoma, cyst or hormonal changes.

Re: I can’t tell if the lumps in my breast are normal or not!!

Firstly, you are 20 years old, breast cancer is so incredibly rare in your age group that there was one case per 100,000 people last year. So, firstly there is that fact which should be very reassuring indeed! Secondly, you had a breast exam in March and it was fine. Thirdly, if you are going to do your own exams (and I honestly don't see why you wouldn't each month or two, despite being 'very thin') then do it properly and make comparisons from one exam to the next. It is not about 'is this normal', but actually about 'is this normal for me'. We have assorted bits and pieces in the breast tissue that feel hard, lumpy, rubbery and so on.....and what the aim is is to see if any of those alter from one exam to the next. I will find a link to another thread for you to read through, as it gives lots of information about 'what is normal for you'.

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=225994

Also, remember that even if there are some abnormal lumps there, you have a 90% chance of them being something innocent, like a fibroadenoma, cyst or hormonal changes.

Absolutely, at 23 I had a thickened hardened area which was scanned and it was a 'hormonal change'. Breasts tissue changes throughout your life, and the vast majority of any changes for the vast majority of people (expecially younger people) are for entirely benign reasons.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information