Thread: Anxiety attacks or Seizures

Anxiety attacks or Seizures

Good evening!

Now, I'll make this as short as possible. I recently found out my grandfather has always had epilepsy but not the type that causes seizures. From the small amount of information I have been given I think he has partial episodes. My younger cousin has also inherited this gene but has seizures.

Now, I've done a little bit of research and I'm confused. I suffer with every single symptom that comes with partial epilepsy, 'zoning out', leg/arm twitching, confusion, over whelming fear and anxiety.

A typical anxiety attack rises from my stomach and I get a really odd sensation it's a little bit like a smell but more like the air gets thicker. And then I loose all awareness i can't talk but if asked what's wrong all I can say is 'i don't know' nothing else and I'll be really crying. It'll last maybe a minute before I get a release and I'm able to think straight again and my body relaxes. I find my anxiety attacks happen most when I am very relaxed and if they do happen they come frequently maybe 5/8 minutes apart.

Could it be I'm maybe not having anxiety at all and I'm actually having partial seizures? Has anyone suffered with anything like this before?

Re: Anxiety attacks or Seizures

Jellybeann24

This is definitely something you must see your doctor about. It can be difficult to distinguish between panic attacks and seizures. However, one thing you've said - actually two - would definitely point to this being something other than a panic attack.

1) The olfactory sensation
    2) Speech arrest.

Just re-read your post - the "loosing awareness" is also not typical of an anxiety attack

I'm assuming this has been going on for sometime? You MUST see your doctor about this. Epilepsy is easy to treat nowadays, but its unwise to let it go untreated.

I hope I didn't panic you, but this cannot be dx online.

Good luck and please keep us posted
    Last edited by RadioGaGa; 21-09-18 at 21:02. Reason: to add further advice

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle

Thread Information