Thread: Racing thoughts freaking me out

Racing thoughts freaking me out

Hi everybody. Having a really rough day today and can use some support..

Recently my anxiety has become so severe it's almost debilitating. I just had to have my fiance leave work for the day cause I was scared of being alone. My fears center around the fear of going crazy. No matter how many doctors tell me I'm not going crazy, I don't have bi-polar, I don't have schizophrenia, I can't believe them. I obsessions over every single little noice or shadow and go into a full blown panic attack. I literally can't take much more of it..

But recently I've started getting racing thoughts as I try to go to sleep. It will just be a normal random sentence.. Honestly after I wake up I can't remember even what my thought was but it's normally just random words or sentences. The problem is they seem more like voices than thoughts and that's what has me worrying all day today. Lije I know they're just thoughts and nothing I'm hearing externally. Sometimes it'll sound like my voice or other times it'll sound like another voice, but I have no idea who. And it is freaking me out beyond belief today.. I keep trying to tell myself how sometimes you can think of how someone's voice sounds (like imagination) so maybe that's all it is but it still freaks me out that I'm hearing another person's (but idk who) voice in my head. My fiance tried to calm me down saying when you dream you hear other voices or talk to people you've never met before, but that's normal? But idk it just doesn't seem the same to me..

Is this normal for anxiety? Are my thoughts just manifesting into random voices? Idk just needing advice on this. In a really bad place today :(
    Last edited by Znil682; 22-09-18 at 19:05.

Re: Racing thoughts freaking me out

A wandering mind will do/think all kinds of weird things, even have pretend conversations rolling through it!

And to set the record straight, I'll tell you what my therapist once told me: if you can fear/think that you are going crazy, that is proof that you most certainly are NOT, because when people literally go crazy and lose their mind, they are not aware of it.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Re: Racing thoughts freaking me out

EXACTLY the same thing is happening to me. Please don’t worry, I’ve had this for over a year and I’m still not at the institution we all fear. I read about other people who have it and it might be connected to ocd as well.
    I feel so releaved that I read your topic, always good to see that you’re not alone.

Thread Information