Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: False ocd thoughts

Re: False ocd thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    You would get struck off if you were a therapist
    hehehe just as well im not then Terry

I still have thoughts I pooped myself after each toilet trip so throwing those jeans away wasn’t the best idea

I don’t know what’s causing these thoughts but I have to try not throw away clothes. I wiped my backside for ten mins last night before I pooped and the thoughts still came today

I sometimes think i peed myself too but this is the worst I have felt with the toilet worry. I always wipe myself before I do the toilet due to ocd anyway but this new “doubt” is causing lots of intrusive thoughts.

I did some research on this and false memory ocd fits in with what I have. I have these false thoughts and make stuff up in my head

Has anybody got any experience of challenging and dealing with this sort of ocd?

Phil you have had pages and pages of suggestions on your other threads.

Did you follow up the links that were posted?

Elen

I have had awful thoughts that the shirts I got for my wedding are dirty as I had a thought I peed myself also I had thoughts my whole house is contaminated by the toilet brush and plunger as I had the thought I ran round the house with it that’s how controlling these thoughts are?

But they are thoughts, not facts. You only give them strength if you worry about them or act on them. And you know you didn’t do those things, so cross them off your list.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I did some research on this and false memory ocd fits in with what I have. I have these false thoughts and make stuff up in my head

Has anybody got any experience of challenging and dealing with this sort of ocd?
    Yes, and there will be many of us. It's much the same as tackling other areas of OCD with counter evidence, reframing conclusions and learning to not give importance to thoughts so as to let them fade without strong negative reactions to them.

I’m still battling these thoughts
    The issue where I feel i ran round the house with a toilet brush. My hand washing is severe becuase I always think I put my hands down a toilet so I have to wash them.
    I still avoid some shops as I fear dirty laundry germs when I changed clothes one day. I refuse to buy a watch or shoes from the shops I bought my old ones from in fear it’s the same item? Sounds crazy but those shoes I tossed months ago when dirty washing fell on it I won’t buy from that shop well I tell a lie I will buy trainers but not shoes. I have an ocd with going out shoes too I won’t store them at the front door as my head says “dirty washing could pass by them” so I have to store them upstairs and I know I will still worry.
    So what I’m saying I have these crippling routines the existance thoughts trouble me too. I don’t have as bad as urge to replace stuff but I do have an urge to throw stuff away for example a t shirt I wore I worried that when I did the toilet poo got on it so I want to dispose of it .
    Each day I start the day with 5/6 worries by mid day I obviously need some more help with this. The crazy thing is how can the shoes be the same ones if I buy from that shop? 90% of my ocd makes no sense It just feels crippling like my whole life is dictated and bossed by ocd?

What are you doing to try and fight against the thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Scass View Post
    What are you doing to try and fight against the thoughts?

Being honest nothing I just sit and suffer

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information