Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Eye twitching don't want to fall into Google trap again!

Re: Eye twitching don't want to fall into Google trap again!

Um.... one year eye twitch for me!!! Went to Drs, eye Drs, neurologists - all came back with stress and anxiety. I still get it even now too!
    So trust me - it’s nothing. If you get vomiting and dizziness then go get a through check up otherwise enjoy the twitch!

@Kingdawson- Three months?? I'm sorry that you had to deal with it for so long!! I mean thank you for replying and sharing your experience. I'm sorry you had tho!

@Tan235 a year!!! Oh beans. Here's me complaint about a week or so. I try not to worry to much. Like I went to the eye doctor a month and half ago (2 year check up as I wear glasses.) she didn't noitce anything wrong. So I hope I don't suddenly get those things since reading about them and the mind can trick you easily lol. I hope you're doing okay now and thank you for relying!

The twitch was bad today, like the worst I think it's been. Its been pulsing almost. Like no pain and as far as I can tell my vision isn't change. It's annoying and a strange feeling if anything. Also being able to visable see it upsets me.

Today I also freaked myself by accident I was in work and I was blowing my nose and my ear on the same side as the twitch I don't know pop so badly I got the worst feeling of dizziness and off balance for a moment. Yet a few hours later and I'm still here!! I'm trying to be calm and not freak to much. As that's pjrp9balt feeling into it. As I find it strange I wasn't worried or stressed when I got it.

I jusy wish it would go away. My roommate brought me like a eye spray to try and help it? I don't know how it will but since she was being thoughtful ill give it ago!

---------- Post added at 21:20 ---------- Previous post was at 19:35 ----------

I'm really having a rough night, the twitching/more like pulsing in the outer corner of my eye keeps getting worse and worse. There's no where I can go to get this checked out and also don't want to give into this. I keep having that health anxiety mindset of this is it. This is the issue that's going to get me. I know it's dramatic but I don't know what to do. I just about keeping myself off google and like I'm trying to remind of tests I've had done but I've never had something like this before. On top of all the other stuff happening, I'm just overwhelmed.

Hey!
    I'm seeing your anxiety shining through - you've had wonderful reassurance - and even from me - with a year twitch, my twitch was so bad, if i coughed it twitched, if the wind blew in my eye it twitched, if I sneezed it twitched, when I put on mascara it twitched, when I woke up it twitched, it seriously drove me nuts and then when I thought it couldn't get any worse the other eye started twitching as well!
    So I suddenly had TWO eyes twitching!
    This seriously lasted a year - at LEAST!
    I suffer from really bad anxiety- for me it's emotionally debilitating. The force is strong in this one
    It was all anxiety based and the more I worried about it the worse it became.
    A week is childs play - NOTHING and worrying about it keep it there... You have to distract yourself when you get it. Just smile and say it's ok ... this too shall pass. I took magnesium pills and that seemed to help, I also drank Tonic Water and that helped as well but mine was anxiety and my body was seriously in shock from all the years of anxiety so I had to let it pass. I still get twitching now but I don't worry about it. I thought I had ALS, (please don't, don't don't look that up if you dont know what it is ) - I thought I had MS, Parkinson, Acoustic Neuroma is my new one . I thought I had so many things and the neurologist told me I had ANXIETY and to get over it - he prescribed anti depressants but I didn't take them.
    Also without added symptoms - red flag type symptoms it can't be anything else.
    You mention the dizzy feeling, this is vestibular and I'm thinking i might have a vestibular disorder which can cause this type of dizziness - again this is probably my anxiety but I wouldn't worry about the dizziness, everyone with anxiety gets this ..everyone .... and you're anxious already .. so ... go drink a coffee, have a coca cola, eat sugar and just enjoy the CRAZY!!!!

ps: don't take my advice on dietary matters, go eat healthy!

Quote Originally Posted by tan235 View Post
    Hey!
    I'm seeing your anxiety shining through - you've had wonderful reassurance - and even from me - with a year twitch, my twitch was so bad, if i coughed it twitched, if the wind blew in my eye it twitched, if I sneezed it twitched, when I put on mascara it twitched, when I woke up it twitched, it seriously drove me nuts and then when I thought it couldn't get any worse the other eye started twitching as well!
    So I suddenly had TWO eyes twitching!
    This seriously lasted a year - at LEAST!
    I suffer from really bad anxiety- for me it's emotionally debilitating. The force is strong in this one
    It was all anxiety based and the more I worried about it the worse it became.
    A week is childs play - NOTHING and worrying about it keep it there... You have to distract yourself when you get it. Just smile and say it's ok ... this too shall pass. I took magnesium pills and that seemed to help, I also drank Tonic Water and that helped as well but mine was anxiety and my body was seriously in shock from all the years of anxiety so I had to let it pass. I still get twitching now but I don't worry about it. I thought I had ALS, (please don't, don't don't look that up if you dont know what it is ) - I thought I had MS, Parkinson, Acoustic Neuroma is my new one . I thought I had so many things and the neurologist told me I had ANXIETY and to get over it - he prescribed anti depressants but I didn't take them.
    Also without added symptoms - red flag type symptoms it can't be anything else.
    You mention the dizzy feeling, this is vestibular and I'm thinking i might have a vestibular disorder which can cause this type of dizziness - again this is probably my anxiety but I wouldn't worry about the dizziness, everyone with anxiety gets this ..everyone .... and you're anxious already .. so ... go drink a coffee, have a coca cola, eat sugar and just enjoy the CRAZY!!!!

ps: don't take my advice on dietary matters, go eat healthy!

Thank you for this reply! I know I'm being over board about this. I guess I can go through periods of being okay and when I grab onto something. I can't let it go! I know I shouldn't worry so much, but I do! I have therapy tomorrow so hopefully I can work it out a bit more! Thank you again for the reply and taking the time to write such detail here. It's just frustrating to have but I'll try to distract myself like you said.!

The twitching is still there but I push along!!! Yet when there's one issues gone, another one's comes. I've been having some pain and pain chest pains today. Lots areas in my breast/left side of chest hurts to touch. Lots of pains and scary things. It's been happening the last few hours!!! So propbaly nothing big but my mind loves saying otherwise.

It loves thinking about some type of blood clot or heart attack. I'm doing my best to be postive as I had some tests back in March but I can't help be on edge.

Well I was okay actually for a few days. The twitching stopped for a few days now for the last two days and today I've had the worse pain behind my left eye. That's spreads to all other areas, my neck also been really stiff.

I'm trying to jusy truck along again. Say to myself there more reasonable things going on than something sister like some tumor or something!

I'm really struggling, everything just feels off and wrong. Like my head feels so stuffed and my nose/Bridge and nostril is painful. My ears and jaw are playing up again. The light is really bothering my eyes...sorry for complaining. I just feel so alone and overwhelmed.

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 20:51 ----------

My eye/nose area (T zone) is just throbbing?? Like a pulse?? I'm doing my best to carry on with my evening but this is all very over whelming. I can't take pain killers due to other tablets I'm on... Just feel at a lost. I was mainly over my brain/sinus tumor/ Brain sister that area happenings but it all seems to be back now :(.

Like I've said a few times im in uni and I really can't afford to go to the doctor. I litteraly have 5 euro in my account and I don't want to ask my family for money because I know they would be sick of me. It's just overwhelming

You could try steaming over hot water if you know how to do that.

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

@nomorepanic Thank you for the suggestion! I actually tried the steaming like you suggested. It helped clearing the nose for a little bit!! So it can't be anything to serious after all!

The pain behind my eyes isn't so bad now, the neck stiffens is still there though.it seems to spread about my body but it's propbaly nothing! Just stress, tension etc. I tried rubbing my neck earlier thought it felt something lumpy and gave up right away because I don't need a lump on the list ��!

Mine have been twitching on and off for a month now, often for fifteen minutes non stop but I've been sleeping even more like crap than usual which is astonishing for me lol, eyes still seem to work fine despite how strained they've been over my life, always think I have a brain tumour burrowing away but still here! Go for a check at an opticians if you're really worried.
    ''...an utter depression of soul which I can compare to no earthly sensation more properly than to the after-dream of the reveller upon opium - the bitter lapse into everyday life, the hideous dropping off of the veil. There was an iciness, a sinking, a sickening of the heart, an unredeemed dreariness of thought which no goading of the imagination could torture into aught of the sublime.''

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information