Thread: Obsessing over random spots on skin that I notice

Obsessing over random spots on skin that I notice

Hello,

After having some other issues during the past months, and particularly random aches on my left leg, I've started noticing random stuff on my skin that makes me panic. I am going to talk to my doctor about them but the appointment isn't for a while so any input that might help me stress less and at least alleviate this possibly paranoid fear for a bit would be very much appreciated. I'm 27yo and male.

Along with those random aches, which have been going on for 2+ months so far (my pathologist checked and said it's just me having hit it somewhere/stress, and I also did complete blood tests that came out just fine), I noticed that a small area above my knee felt a bit more flat than the same spot on the other leg.

I've also noticed a tiny area of yellow skin on my upper inner thigh, which unfortunately made my mind, once again, race immediately to dead cells or something from cancer due to how long this leg thing has been going on.

I'm now thinking that it's some form of cancer, like maybe prostate or testicular cancer (since I also felt stiff/aching near my groin area) that spread down to my leg or is reducing blood flow to my leg and has been affecting it for a while, and that my GP missed it and it's not detectable with blood tests. If anyone has anything to say for reassurance/advice I'd really appreciate it, it's really hard to sleep with these things on my mind and I'm afraid the stress is only making these issues worse.
    Last edited by Alte1; 13-10-18 at 19:08.

Re: Obsessing over random spots on skin that I notice

Quote Originally Posted by Alte1 View Post
    Hello,

After having some other issues during the past months, and particularly random aches on my left leg, I've started noticing random stuff on my skin that makes me panic. I am going to talk to my doctor about them but the appointment isn't for a while so any input that might help me stress less and at least alleviate this possibly paranoid fear for a bit would be very much appreciated. I'm 27yo and male.

Along with those random aches, which have been going on for 2+ months so far (my pathologist checked and said it's just me having hit it somewhere/stress, and I also did complete blood tests that came out just fine), I noticed that a small area above my knee felt a bit more flat than the same spot on the other leg.

I've also noticed a tiny area of yellow skin on my upper inner thigh, which unfortunately made my mind, once again, race immediately to dead cells or something from cancer due to how long this leg thing has been going on.

I'm now thinking that it's some form of cancer, like maybe prostate or testicular cancer (since I also felt stiff/aching near my groin area) that spread down to my leg or is reducing blood flow to my leg and has been affecting it for a while, and that my GP missed it and it's not detectable with blood tests. If anyone has anything to say for reassurance/advice I'd really appreciate it, it's really hard to sleep with these things on my mind and I'm afraid the stress is only making these issues worse.

Legs can ache for a variety of reasons. Mine ache because I have vein issues. So when I wake up in the morning, it feels like I walked miles. If you had testicular cancer you would have other symptoms.

Re: Obsessing over random spots on skin that I notice

I'm not sure I have anything useful to add, but I'm going through the same thing right now. I had my annual skin exam last week, and both before and after it I have been seeing spots, freckles, etc. that could very well have been there for years.

I try to tell myself that anxiety makes us all hypersensitive, and it can make us see things differently that have always been there. If you can get out and distract yourself, I find that helps, or at least gives me some perspective on the things I'm worrying about.

Thread Information