Thread: Ovarian cancer fear

Ovarian cancer fear

Hi
    Haven’t been here for ages 😕😞 but sorry to be back.

I have an ultrasound in a week because I went to see my GP after my periods have been so heavy since the birth of my third child. They came back about a year and a half ago but still haven’t settled. I often have to wear a pad and a tampon, change 1-2 times in the night for a couple of nights too. My cycle still only lasts about 5 days but for two days is so heavy and clotty.

Now I’ve got it into my head that I have OC. I have had other symptoms as well but only the past couple of months and wondered if they might be down to IBS. I have had lower back pain and lower abdo pain.

I’m so frightened, has anyone been through the same thing?

Re: Ovarian cancer fear

I've not personally experienced heavy periods but have experience of ovarian issues. I had many ultrasounds both vaginal and abdominal and a hysteroscopy and all came back fine but I did find out I had an odd shaped womb! My issues were down to ovarian cysts and hormones. Dependant on your age you may be perimenopausal. Or if you've been on the pill and off again it can mess with your periods. Did the doctor do bloods. Mine did a ca125 blood test which can be a marker for o.c. but also (in my case) harmless cysts. I don't think any of your symptoms point towards typical o.c. symptoms. Your doctor is just trying to get to the route of your problem but that could be any number of things not just cancer. The wait will soon be over. Let us know how it goes.

So I’ve been experiencing some pelvic issues and bladder issues and doctor has run some blood tests including the ca125 which I’ve been told today has come back elevated at level 55. I am beside myself and would like some input from others that have been through the same thing if possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Simone01 View Post
    So I’ve been experiencing some pelvic issues and bladder issues and doctor has run some blood tests including the ca125 which I’ve been told today has come back elevated at level 55. I am beside myself and would like some input from others that have been through the same thing if possible?
    Hu hun, what did the go say about these results x

I’ve got to have an urgent ultrasound which has been ordered. I’m literally a mess at the moment I am so scared.

Thread Information