Thread: Huge dog expierence

Huge dog expierence

Pretty much when I walked outside I swear out of no where a Siberian husky came up to me. I have seen huskies before but this one was huge like the size of a wolf. I tried to go inside but it kept following me. I was especially scared since I had an open wound on my left knee from the day before. Anyways the dog kept running into me with its head. I don't know if it licked my wound or not but when I got inside and looked out the window. I saw the dog chewing on a plant I remember someone told me that dogs chewing on inanimate objects is one of the signs of rabies. I am really scared I had a prior experience with a dog and it actually licked me but I didn't have an open wound. I don't know if it licked me or not is it worth getting the vaccine?

Re: Huge dog expierence

Quote Originally Posted by coolman832 View Post
    Pretty much when I walked outside I swear out of no where a Siberian husky came up to me. I have seen huskies before but this one was huge like the size of a wolf. I tried to go inside but it kept following me. I was especially scared since I had an open wound on my left knee from the day before. Anyways the dog kept running into me with its head. I don't know if it licked my wound or not but when I got inside and looked out the window. I saw the dog chewing on a plant I remember someone told me that dogs chewing on inanimate objects is one of the signs of rabies. I am really scared I had a prior experience with a dog and it actually licked me but I didn't have an open wound. I don't know if it licked me or not is it worth getting the vaccine?
    A friendly husky that just wanted pets? No... stop yourself now before you get stuck in the rabbit hole.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Probably a Malamute, they are big (and absolutely beautiful).

Some dogs are more likely to eat things off the ground (ours used to be like that until we trained it out of him) hence why it is always important to keep up their jabs. It could simply be he/her was one who nibbles on stones, snails, anything, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by coolman832 View Post
    I remember someone told me that dogs chewing on inanimate objects is one of the signs of rabies.
    I've yet to come across a dog that doesn't chew inanimate objects. Generally just seems to be a dog thing.

Rabies is very rare, even in the US. Your chances of contracting it from this random dog (that is probably vaccinated anyway) are so slim they're not worth computing.
    Sometimes I fly like an eagle, sometimes I'm deep in despair.

Thread Information