Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dodgy stomach after returning from holiday

Re: Dodgy stomach after returning from holiday

I think another stool sample is definitely needed KingDawson! I have been chatting with goldie on her thread about this type of thing, but I came back from India with amoebic dystentry and then IBS followed it unfortunately. However it wasn't diahorrea again, so I think its wise for them to start doing some more extensive checks for you to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    I think another stool sample is definitely needed KingDawson! I have been chatting with goldie on her thread about this type of thing, but I came back from India with amoebic dystentry and then IBS followed it unfortunately. However it wasn't diahorrea again, so I think its wise for them to start doing some more extensive checks for you to be honest.
    Yep agreed. If these issues are prolonged it can be an even bigger issue so best to persists until they find the culprit of the issues.

Yep... don't ignore what looks like worms

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    Yep... don't ignore what looks like worms

Positive thoughts
    It's such a shame because I had such a brilliant holiday lol.

I've never really had stomach issues prior to this and I remember the feeling in ghana the day before I left was hellllll. Pain and diahrea galore. I'm positive that the culprit will eventually be found...I have faith lol.

That's the right attitude!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Yeah, itll be discovered....maybe no parasite check was done? I agree FMP - fab positive attitude which is so rare here. You know what, my appalling pain and watery outbursts started at the airport on the way home. I can empathise as it was HELL rushing to very badly provided foreign toilets, with not even any toilet paper. Then knowing I had another 12 hour flight feeling like that....gawd. It was nearly 30 years ago, but I am scarred

I had the worst stomach from my return from Mexico!went to the doctors and they said it was ecoli and salmonella!

try some tea, i always say this ebacuse it strue

Hows it going King Dawson.....any closer to feeling better or finding out what you picked up abroad ?

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    Hows it going King Dawson.....any closer to feeling better or finding out what you picked up abroad ?
    Hi Carys. Yeh I'm doing ok thanks...no pain..no diahrea ...nothing really except annoying stomach sounds lol. Stool is a bit looser since coming back and it's the same with my brother and wife. Some days it's ok and Some days loose. Frequency is the same though.

I did an extensive stool sample for parasites and swab in the mouth complete bacteria as well. Results should be with me next week. I think if it's negative again after this I'll accept it and move on as I've kinda exhausted all options. Maybe it's post bug low level IBS which can happen.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information