Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tiny Lump on Hard Palate

Tiny Lump on Hard Palate

Scared to death, noticed a small (smaller than a BB) bump on hard palate to right of center. Noticed it the day after eating some very hot jalapeno poppers and spicy food 5 days ago, but now am obsessed with it. When I look at it with a dental mirror and press on it with a dental pick, it is a bit squishy. I can only feel it with tip of tongue and not when palpitating with surface of tongue. Definitely is there though. Just was at the dentist 3 months ago, so hard to believe something sinister popped up that quick. I go every six months like clockwork.

Any experience /thoughts would be helpful. cant get in for another 2 weeks to see the dentist.

Re: Tiny Lump on Hard Palate

Hi Rmq, I have had that before as well, after eating spicy foods and ended up going away on its own.

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Estranged View Post
    Hi Rmq, I have had that before as well, after eating spicy foods and ended up going away on its own.

Thank you, its always disconcerting for me to find any bump, and I am struggling bad yet again. It gets so exhausting. I have probably had oral cancer 3-4 times this year, Pancreatic and brain. You would think we would see that the 100's of times we have thought we had something, that never proved out, would provide some rational thoughts for us, but not me.

Unfortunately part of anxiety disorder is "always fearing/assuming the worse" been there and still there at times

I’ve been having hard palate concerns for nearly a year.
    Long story short in the midst of the start of my health anxiety, I was sucking a mini egg on the roof of my mouth which made me aware of a ridge/bump just Left off the centre line at the back, after that dip. Had it checked by 4 doctors 1 dentist multiple times. They said it was normal anatomy.
    The hard palate is made up of irregular bone. It’s not flat and prodding around a lot makes you aware of those irregularities. Don’t get me wrong I still worry about it. But I have to trust my doctors, and it hasn’t changed in nearly a year. It’s the shape of the bone.
    I suspect yours is nothing to worry about, or a blocked salivary gland.

Anyone else have this problem? Poked it with a dental pic today and it seems to be softening, maybe have fluid in it

I'm a Head and Neck cancer survivor. What you describe is not indicative of oral cancer. As said, spicy food can cause blisters/canker sores on occasion (you get blisters with a burn on your skin right?). Stop playing with it and let it heal!

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Charlottemay View Post
    I’ve been having hard palate concerns for nearly a year.
    Long story short in the midst of the start of my health anxiety, I was sucking a mini egg on the roof of my mouth which made me aware of a ridge/bump just Left off the centre line at the back, after that dip. Had it checked by 4 doctors 1 dentist multiple times. They said it was normal anatomy.
    The hard palate is made up of irregular bone. It’s not flat and prodding around a lot makes you aware of those irregularities. Don’t get me wrong I still worry about it. But I have to trust my doctors, and it hasn’t changed in nearly a year. It’s the shape of the bone.
    I suspect yours is nothing to worry about, or a blocked salivary gland.
    Thank you for the reply. From what I have read as well a vast majority (well over 90%) of OC starts on tongue, lips, cheeks. Throw on top of that I quit smoking 17 years ago, never chewed am only 42, and see the dentist every six months, I feel like it is crazy to think it's something bad, but you know how our minds work. I have looked at it no less that a dozen times today, and unless I am feeling with thr tip my tongue am not really able to locate it

---------- Post added at 22:51 ---------- Previous post was at 22:48 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I'm a Head and Neck cancer survivor. What you describe is not indicative of oral cancer. As said, spicy food can cause blisters/canker sores on occasion (you get blisters with a burn on your skin right?). Stop playing with it and let it heal!

Positive thoughts
    Thank you for your reply. Its weird because some days I can move past it and not even think about it once again, but this time it caught my fancy and I have obsessed on it since. I realize OC is very rare, and even that more rare to start on the hard palate, qnd is usually begins as an ulcer, but when you're batshit crazy facts don't matter. :-)

It's not smaller, not bigger, today is a win! How long have to been a survivor?

Quote Originally Posted by rmq00108 View Post
    How long have to been a survivor?
    I'm 5.5 years out. Actually, Thanksgiving is the 6th anniversary of my diagnosis.

Positive thoughts
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    I'm 5.5 years out. Actually, Thanksgiving is the 6th anniversary of my diagnosis.

Positive thoughts

Thats amazing. Hope you continue in good health. I take solace in knowing I see the dentist every six months, without fail, and was just in 3 months ago, so if there was anything (which I realize you are saying this doesn't sound anything like OC) that was of concern, it would be caught very early and very curable. I actually have a dentist appointment bon the 14th to fill a cavity.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information