Thread: Blood and other symptoms

Blood and other symptoms

Hey everyone, this is my first post and just a fair warning, it’s a little TMI.

I’m 18 and for the past 2 years I’ve been dealing with some stomach issues. I got a colonoscopy back in 2016 due to blood and mucus in the stool, and I got a second colonoscopy in the beginning of 2017 due to continued stomach issues. Both were negative, except they found an internal hemorrhoid in the second one. Things got a bit better after that and I didn’t have many issues other than some gas and an occasional stomach ache here and there.

The past few days have been a bit concerning. 2 weeks ago I had some bleeding when I wiped, but it got better the day after so I didn’t think much of it. However, last night after I used the bathroom, I saw a bit of blood after wiping but I thought it was just because I wiped too hard. But this morning, after I went again, I just happened to check and saw that there was bright red blood throughout the stool. This really shocked me and now I’m sort of getting worried. I've also been having lots of sharp pain in the left side of my stomach. I’m currently at a university and don’t have access to my regular GP. Should this be a cause for concern? I really don’t want to have to go through the same thing I did in 2016, and I really hope it was just the hemorrhoid that decided to flare up again, but idk. Any advice would be appreciated.

Re: Blood and other symptoms

Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your issue.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Please also read this post:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=213239

“Don't be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don't have to live forever, you just have to live.” - Natalie Babbitt

Please help keep NMP running and donate to the running costs: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/donate

Re: Blood and other symptoms

Hi,

I have very similar problems but I'm surprised you got a colonoscopy at such a young age- you were 16? Same age as me. Hopefully they give me one too

But I think if it were colon cancer they'd have found a polyp or something during the colonoscopy

EDIT: To clarify, I mean you're the same age as me now, I'm also 18
    Last edited by Toby2000; 07-12-18 at 01:08.

Thread Information