Thread: Breast lump - I'm back after about 6 good months

Breast lump - I'm back after about 6 good months

I can't believe I'm back here posting again. I haven't been here in 6 or 7 months and i really thought the worst of my HA was behind me. But here I am again

I was doing my monthly breast check a few days ago and noticed a lump on my left breast. I found a lump on that breast before but I'm not sure of the exact location or what it felt like. I had a mammogram and got the all clear - that was about 7 months ago.
    I panicked when I felt the lump the other night. It's in roughly the same area of the breast, I tried talking rationally to myself but nothing is working. The thoughts are taking hold of me now and I can't stop them.
    Sometimes I think it's the lump I found before but the next minute I'm freaking out about it. It's fairly large as well, probably about 2 - 3cm in length. I'm trying so hard to convince myself that it's the same lump, I only had a mammo 7 months ago and it's probably some fibrous tissue (which I think they said I have in that breast)

I know I'm probably looking for some reassurance here but what should I do?
    I don't want christmas ruined by this but it's eating my up now.
    Am I over thinking, worrying about nothing or am I justified to be concerned?

Re: Breast lump - I'm back after about 6 good months

I doubt anyone here can be sure that it’s the same lump, but the odds are good. If you’re concerned, see your doctor and let them determine if it’s the same lump you already found back then. Most breast lumps are benign, you examine yourself every month and just had a mammogram recently, so you’ve got a lot going for you.

I did make an appointment this evening to see the doctor, but I can't get in unti Friday. And it's not the usual doctor either.
    I don't know if I'm doing the right thing by seeing the doctor.
    It's been so nice the past 6 months having my HA under control (I got a job about 8 months ago and that has been a massive help for me).
    Am I feeding my HA by going to the doctor for reassurance or am I doing the right thing?

It is possible that your GP received a report back after your recent (and it was recent) mammogram. That would have described what they found, this fibrous tissue, and where it was located. Ask your GP to see if they can find out that information?

*hugs* I'm so sorry you're having this fear! I was doing well breast wise for several months myself and I also found something that is concerning me.

Quote Originally Posted by Carys View Post
    It is possible that your GP received a report back after your recent (and it was recent) mammogram. That would have described what they found, this fibrous tissue, and where it was located. Ask your GP to see if they can find out that information?
    I know that the GPs get some sort of report back after a mammogram, so surely it will have that information on it.
    What I'm fearing now is that the lump I'm after finding is a new lump and is aggressive because it is quite large. There is a little voice in my head telling me that those are irrational thoughts but i keep coming back to the same what ifs.

Re: Breast lump - and now brown discharge

I've been trying so hard to keep a level head about this breast lump, hoping the doctor will reassure me on Friday.
    Then when I went to the toilet earlier today I saw brown discharge. It's not the end of my period as I'm mid cycle now.
    I'm getting so scared now - I never have brown/pink discharge at any stage during my cycle
    And with the cervical check scandal that has happened in this country I can't calm myself down

I didn't realise this until recently, but some people always have mid cycle spotting through their fertile years. This was a complete suprise to me I can tell you, as I'd never had it (well I have in the last year once, hence me finding out about it!) It could be that your level of anxiety have affected the delicate hormone balance and allowed progesterone to dip (your adrenals, if they are making stress hormones can't also make progesterone). You could even be having an early period from the stress. Don't panic !!!

So far I've had no more spotting so I'm just hoping and praying that it doesn't come back.
    I can't stop feeling the lump though. There is a smaller, not so prominent lump just above it and I'm worried that it's that one I got looked at earlier this year and the one I'm feeling now is a new one.
    I would say it's between 2 to 3 cm in length. I don't know the rate at which tumors grow (and I won't google it) but would this be an average rate at which they grow at or is it generally slower/faster?

How did it go today?

Thread Information