Thread: Anaemia And abdominal,pain

Anaemia And abdominal,pain

Hi. New here. 55 YO female with bad health anxiety.

Since March have had twingey left sided ab pain. No other symptoms. Had pelvic and upper ab scan. All fine. Bloods in March also fine.

So doc sent me for more bloods,this time they show slightly low Haematocrit and slightly high Platelet count. The bloods were taken this morning and GP surgery rang tonight and scared the hell out of me! However, it was to arrange a phone consultation described as routine.

I asked for a print out of bloods. I know this was a bad idea..... I think it means I have slight Anaemia. Anaemia and ab pain are flags for bowel cancer of course.

I am freaking out. Can someone talk some sense into me??? Please!

PS....this forum....I have found my people! HA is a terrible thing but at least I am not alone!

Re: Anaemia And abdominal,pain

Hi
    Bit late responding on this but better late than never. Had low iron on a blood test last year and that, combined with years of rectal bleeding, sent my health anxiety into overdrive. The doctor arranged for an FIT test which is easy to do and checks for internal bleeding. That came back negative and I tried to forget about it all but felt like I should follow it up anyway. Got a different doctor this time who said he wouldn't have been too bothered about the iron level but said to do some follow up bloods anyway to check it again. He also suggested a test for coeliac antibodies in case that's causing it. Still waiting for the results on that and rather anxious. People say there are worse things to have but coeliac doesn't sound a lot of fun to me and certainly makes life complicated.
    Anyway, hope you've got some reassurance since you posted. The FIT test might be worth trying for reassurance and maybe consider the coeliac/gluten possibility too. Worth speaking to your doctor about perhaps.

Thread Information