Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pulse in my eye

Pulse in my eye

Hi there
    I am having a really weird problem that I can find no information about. I can see my pulse in my eye. I am aware of it mostly in brightly lit conditions or at the computer, but in my right eye I can see it sorting of pulsing in time with my heartbeat. It is so obvious I could count my pulse by concentrating on this - it is very distracting. Of course I am starting to worry about all sorts of serious things...
    I have had an ophthalmologist look in my eyes and they said nothing wrong. But it is still there, it's been there a couple of months now.
    Has anyone else had this?

beadbabe

Re: Pulse in my eye

hi, i also have twitchy eye.had it for a while now,comes and goes.also had opticians all is okay.just gotused to it now.
    think it is just a twitchy nerve.try not to worry
    xx

I get that alot too, normally when im a bit stressed out, been doing it for years and have got used to it now, nothing to worry about.

I have had worries with my eyes since december. I have been to the doc about them probably 5 times now. Ive been to the pharmacist about them 3 times. On the phone to NHS about 3 times and yesterday I went to the opticians, explained the situation and had him take a thorough look. Nothing. I have had a lot of twitching and aching... and intermittent blurring and they still look a funny colour and really bloodshot. I have no choice but to trust the doc now. Maybe you need glasses and its a kind of eye strain? I go through periods where my eyes start shaking left and right and my vision jitters side to side... but Ive had that forever. Im wondering if maybe eyeryones eyes are just unique and react normally "to you" when in comparison to others they seem different. The optician would know. If they said there was no problem, I would trust them as it could just be stress related. x

Hello
    thanks for the replies. I am not sure if I am explainng myself very well. It is not twitching but I can actually see my pulse in my eye - it flashes with every beat of my pulse.
    Anyone else noticed this.

Hi beadbabe
    I
    'm new to this forum but after reading your message I wanted to reply so have just joined. I also feel the same pulse you've explained, it's in my left eye and pulses in time with my heartbeat. I find this so worrying too and really annoying. I went for an eye check up yesterday but all is fine with my eyes and was told that stress may be a cause.

Are you an anxious person? I am so I feel it may be to do with this but it still scares me and I often feel like there must be something wrong...I need to stop that now tho considering I've just been told my eyes are fine.

Anyway, just wanted to say that I experience the exact same thing as you. I've had it for about 8 months now!! I've also just started to get floaters, do you have any of those? SO annoying!!

No need to fear, if it was something serious you would certainly know about it by now. It could be caused by any number of things, most of which aren't anything to worry about, such as a tension headache, migraine (that's usually when I get it), concentrating on computer screens, tiredness or temporarily increased blood pressure caused by stress or anxiety.

Veins do throb with the rythm of the heart of course so it is working normally. However, if you're worried, see a doctor or optician just for your own peace of mind. They should be able to explain it to you in a couple of minutes and have a look at the eye in the highly unlikely event there is anything to see.

If you have major visual disturbances you should try to see a doctor or optician straight away to be on the safe side... but I doubt there is anything to worry about at all

What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I drew the line between hope and despair, and the line will hold.

"Forth now, and fear no darkness!"

I have had the pulse in the eyes for a few years now. It really frightened me when it first happened. I get it in both eyes and yes it pulses with my heart rhythm. I just don't worry about it any more, I guess if it was anything serious it would have shown by now.

You should see an optician & get it checked x

Red face Re: Pulse in my eye

Hi Beadbabe,
    it made me feel so much better to read your blog, I felt like I was crazy trying to explaine this eye-blood-pressure-thing to anyone. I just recently had a baby 4 months ago, and I was diagnosed with Preclampcia. I delivered my daughter 2 months early. Long story short, My blood pressure was really high, My daughter is fine and I am fine now, but about 2 months after my blood pressure had come down, I noticed that if I stared at a wall or looked up at a light, I was able to see my pulse in my vision. If my eyes are not focusing on anything, or I am watching t.v., or look around the room I don't notice it, but when I focus my vision on a wall or the floor, I can see my heart beat in my field of vision. I went to two doctors and had my eye pressure, blood pressure, viens in the back of my eye checked. Every thing came out normal, but I can still see my heart beat in my eyes wheather i am active or relaxed. The second doctor told me that since I had just had a baby and I was not sleeping very well (maybe 2 full hours a night) that I probably had a lot of adreneline in my system caused by little sleep. Well my daughter is now 4 months old now and I'm still not able to get a full nights rest, and I still see my pulse in my vision. If this symptom lessons or goes away, I'll let you know ASAP. Do you sleep well?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information