Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tight Feeling in Throat help

Re: Need Some Clarity and Advice

This is super common with anxiety. Whenever I had it, I found it helpful to chew gum or suck on a lozenge so I could focus my energy and attention on that instead. (Plus, it could be minor throat irritation, which a lozenge would help.) Drinking some tea or hot water with a lemon is another thing that could help both small respiratory discomforts and anxiety.

It’s been over two weeks ....

Hello. It’s me. I’m back. SO I had posted here like two weeks ago about this annoying throat feeling. It feels like there is something stuck in my throat. Like there is a piece of something just hanging in there and I can feel it all the time. I just chugged some water and I could feel it and it makes me not want to drink anything. I went to my GP and he gave me a full exam and felt my swallowing and felt everything around my throat and looked inside, not down with a scope just inside with a light, and said that nothing is stuck in there and I’m swallowing normally and that it’s mostly allergies he said I have what they call cobblestone throat and it happens when you get a lot of post nasal drip. I’m going mad though. I feel like the feelings went away for like a day or two and now they are back. When I get up in the morning while I’m still half awake I feel like I look for it. Or I’m telling myself I’m fine. Idk. I’m just really scared of throat cancer or esophagus cancer and I can’t stop worrying about it. I called my ent and she can’t see me for 20 days. What am I going to do for that long? I want her to scope me in the office to be sure nothing is stuck or growing on my thyroid or something. I’m really scared because if this is just anxiety why hasn’t it gone yet? I’ve tried meditation and breathing and it’s still there.

Re: Tight Feeling in Throat help

Quote Originally Posted by nomorepanic View Post
    Hi I have merged your posts with others covering the same subject. This helps people get a better picture of your problems.

Did you read the thread above posted by nomorepanic?

I think that it will explain a lot of what you are feeling.

Elen

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information