Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Waking up with anxiety every morning

Re: Waking up with anxiety every morning

I’m stuck in that rut right now and can’t see a way out. I’m too scared to take the meds due to the side effects but the thought of my life being like this forever is too much to think about which makes me more anxious. It’s a viscous circle 😔

So what’s the best way to beat these fears of going mad?

Hello you cannot fight them it makes them worse trust me I have been like this for a very long time,I know what I am doing wrong but even me cannot accept how I feel,just keep plugging away is the only advice I can give you my friend,you cannot get rid of how you feel if you can learn to accept it ,it will go away on its own,enjoy your day,and just do what you would normally do anyway,however hard it seems

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Emls78 View Post
    I’m stuck in that rut right now and can’t see a way out. I’m too scared to take the meds due to the side effects but the thought of my life being like this forever is too much to think about which makes me more anxious. It’s a viscous circle 😔
    Would you believe that if I sit in a certain chair I get adrenaline releases but I still insist on sitting in it as avoidance is a no no,as I am trying to send a message that is is perfectly OK to sit there,I have just floated round Tescos(walking on air) not at all a nice feeling I can assure you,especially when your waiting in a queue ,but that's OK as no one takes any notice

Quote Originally Posted by Aquilega View Post
    Hello you cannot fight them it makes them worse trust me I have been like this for a very long time,I know what I am doing wrong but even me cannot accept how I feel,just keep plugging away is the only advice I can give you my friend,you cannot get rid of how you feel if you can learn to accept it ,it will go away on its own,enjoy your day,and just do what you would normally do anyway,however hard it seems

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:36 ----------

Would you believe that if I sit in a certain chair I get adrenaline releases but I still insist on sitting in it as avoidance is a no no,as I am trying to send a message that is is perfectly OK to sit there,I have just floated round Tescos(walking on air) not at all a nice feeling I can assure you,especially when your waiting in a queue ,but that's OK as no one takes any notice
    Same here with stuff like the chair. When things were worse I struggled with any change at all whether it was clothes, the wrong fork or the wrong meal for that day of week.

Like you say you have to push through. It's hard but repetition works eventually.

Past day I’ve had physical symptoms like sore stomach, sore back and chest pains

The doctor is giving me more beta blockers soon this may help?

I wake up each day at the moment and feel tense and worry I’m going mad and I need relaxation to try and relax.

At some points of the day like at work it does pass and I feel better but then when I am at home it’s worse.

Can anyone relate to this?

---------- Post added at 23:04 ---------- Previous post was at 22:43 ----------

I got a new laptop on Black Friday sales and worry I can’t afford it it was cheap but that may not help my anxiety plus all the frizzy drinks I have? I’m also stressed as my partner works full time and I don’t see her much

I have been feeling crap now for 8 months since I moved house

Is it possible to feel run down that long with anxiety? I never seem to wake up and feel well and relaxed always a tense, weak, run down, tired

Anybody else went long periods feeling unwell?

Morning issues have been the centerpeice of my issues since almost the beginning. (Years ago)

I've made a lot of improvement and seen the mornings improve. But when things crank up, it almost always starts in the morning. (Right out of sleep.)

For me, I can feel in some way how it relates to the REM cycles in sleep, dreams.. sometimes vivid or disturbing. Sometimes seemingly benign, but strong long dream patterns seem to coincide with the morning panic.

It feels like I've been drugged on these days, like my brain is not capable of using its rational sections.

But... it always improves. These days usually it improves pretty fast as the day moves on.
    We have to get up and get moving. The way I try to look at it is... today my job is to bring this along with me and let it do what it wants.

We have to allow it to burn itself out. Trying to stop it or question it just prolongs it, of course.

Not sure why the mornings are such an issue. (Beyond the cortisol being higher, etc.)
    But it is for many of us it appears. I don't think it's important. I think it's overall stress levels and the mornings are just a proxy.

I’m so with you on this one , it feels like going through hell every day , wish it would just **** off niw , Christmas not helping at all

Groundhog Day

Just wondering how you are doing Phil06 and Tristan, i know what you are going through, it's hell but you gotta keep going...are you getting some help from Dr etc...

Finding it hard to get any help , it’s got so bad I have had to move out of my family home and back with my mum as I just can’t cope with it any more , I wake in a crisis state and takes most of the day to calm down , so sad as I have 3 boys and a wife waiting for me to get better ��

---------- Post added at 14:11 ---------- Previous post was at 14:07 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    I have been feeling crap now for 8 months since I moved house

Is it possible to feel run down that long with anxiety? I never seem to wake up and feel well and relaxed always a tense, weak, run down, tired

Anybody else went long periods feeling unwell?
    I can so relate to what you are going through , just don’t see it ever getting better and spend a lot of my day scared .

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information