Thread: The news makes me extremely depressed.

The news makes me extremely depressed.

I don't often keep up with the news, but my phone is often notified with shocking news articles and so sometimes curiosity gets the better of me and I click.

I have become really sensitive to news lately, and unlike a normal person who would be shocked and then go on with their day, I go through a different cycle of emotions. I feel shocked, then almost trumatised trying to understand why anyone would commit a crime so violent or brutal etc, and then I try to push the news story away from my mind but it keeps coming back to haunt me over the course of the day.

Today i came across this shocking headline of a man in south africa who raped a child in a restaurant, and I wish I had never read and just scrolled past the story but I did read it and now I feel really trumatised by it and its spoiled my morning even though I woke up om such a happy note.

I assume its not normal to get this upset by the news, how do I cope with this?

Re: The news makes me extremely depressed.

Simple. Don't read it. Your curiosity has got the better of you. If you are of a sensitive nature, as I am, ignore it as most of the news is magnified anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Simple. Don't read it. Your curiosity has got the better of you. If you are of a sensitive nature, as I am, ignore it as most of the news is magnified anyway.
    I agree :( I can't believe how depressed I feel today and I do keep remembering the news story and feeling sad. I am of a really sensitive nature but I think I just am more sensitive on some days over others, so things bother me more on some days more than others. I think it will take me some time to forget about it because I feel so disturbed by what I read :( I feel really down:(

I don’t read it. Or if I do, I selectively read an online news site that isn’t sensationalised.
    My partner watches the news every night, I can’t bear it. So many bad things, and I know I should spare a thought for these people, but I have to spare a thought for myself too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread Information