Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Twitching for two months

Twitching for two months

Hi all,

New poster here but have lurked for some time. I have had some body wide twitching for around two months now. It all started when I slept (passed out from drinking) on my arm funny and had a tingling sensation that lasted about a week and a finger twitch that lasted a few hours. The duration of the tingling sensation really threw me and had me very uneasy.

Of course I went to Dr. Google and within a week I felt like my calves were going nonstop. It has since moved on from my calves (still there but not as frequent) to my eyelid, eardrums, thighs, butt, and sometimes arms/shoulders. I feel like I am having at least 2-3 twitches in my body per minute.

For the first month I was an absolute panicked wreck and since have started seeing a psychotherapist weekly which has helped with a bit of CBT. I have also been to my GP a couple of times and have an appointment at a neurologist on October 29th.

I just feel like I cannot shake the constant thoughts about neurological disease with the relatively constant reminder (twitching).

Does anyone have any advice on how to cope?

Thanks

Nick

Re: Twitching for two months

Having a really rough night. Just dont undertstand why this is happening to me. I cannot get ALS out of my mind. It is awful...

https://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=196071

Read that as many times as you need to. It really helps.

Thanks Tyler.

I have my first Neuro appointment on the 29th. Have you gone through this twitching fiasco as well?

I myself have been twitching everywhere everyday for about 5 to 6 months? It started when my doctor told me I had a vitamin deficiency and it is still continuing because my vitamin d level is still low. If you are under 18 im pretty sure it is pretty much impossible unless you have family members with ALS. I have only heard of teenagers and younger people getting ALS because it runs in the family. I have never heard of it just being random. Twitching is nothing really to worry about. If they annoy you so much I suggest taking magnesium pills or vitamin supplements. I am 100 percent positive you are worrying for no reason

---------- Post added at 20:37 ---------- Previous post was at 20:36 ----------

Also the more you think about it the more you will twitch.

I am 27 so not THAT young anymore but I would think still pretty young for that. Thanks for letting me know, I have been taking a magnesium supplement for about a week now and it hasn't really done anything yet.

Totally understand how thinking of it more makes you twitch though. Tonight I was watching Thursday night Football with a friend and at a few points i totally forgot about twitching and didn't twitch (at least didn't notice) and then once I realized that I hadn't thought about it I started twitching again.

Yeah if you're only twitching when sitting down or in a stationary position not moving at all the twitching is one hundred percent anxiety. Also if you have any facial twitching specifically eyelid twitching the twitching as a whole is one hundred percent a vitamin deficiency. Also ALS doesn't start off as twitching at all( to prove it I challenge you to find a case where twitching was the FIRST symptom). ALS twitching also doesn't happen where its like you're arm twitches then your leg, then your finger, then your eyelid, then your face, and then your butt cheeks. ALS twitching is never ever body wide in the early stages. Its true most people with ALS have twitching its just like saying most people with ALS have are right handed. It doesn't mean anything. The only reason you should be worried about ALS is if there is hyperflexia, (over reactive reflexes which cannot be tested by yourself only by a doctor), Atrophy (can only be diagnosed by a doctor), and weakness. Now most people when they read about the weakness they start to strength testing themselves and start to feel "weak". This is not weakness rather perceived weakness. If you can stand on your tipy toes, run fast, walk straight, write with a pencil, type on a keyboard, you are perfectly healthy my guy Also you are under 30 years old just like me, the odds of it happening in general are 0.0004 but the fact that we are both under 30 brings our chances to a whopping 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 000000( you get the idea)00000... Now if you are over 30 the chances are 0.0004, 0.0004 are the chances of you getting struck by lightning not once but twice, and if you are under 30 then the chances of you getting ALS are so ridiculously low that I would consider the chances to not be a terminal decimal but an irrational one that absolutely means it is pretty much impossible that you have ALS unless you have someone in your family with it. Even if you had a family member with it I still wouldn't buy lottery tickets for 2$ each based on how rare ALS is in the first place.

---------- Post added at 16:04 ---------- Previous post was at 15:44 ----------

I was also scared of having ALS for like two months but the fact is nobody ever ever has searched up their symptoms for ALS and got their diagnosis correct. In fact most people that are scared of a disease they think they have don't have it at all so just enjoy your life go with the flow forget about the twitching just move on and enjoy life Find a good past time like sports or maybe watch sports I know people who have been twitching everyday for almost 20 years they don't have ALS they are healthy and they weren't even scared when it started. They just ignored it because it is normal.
    Last edited by coolman832; 12-10-18 at 21:54.

Thank you so much for your reply. Truly appreciate it.

No worries just stop worrying

Twitching is completely harmless. You have what is called BFS ( Benign Fasciculation Syndrome).

I have the same thing. Eventually if you stop worrying about twitching it will stop, and then it will return again etc.

It can't be ALS.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information