Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who can help?

Re: Who can help?

Thanks Sharon

...for you too.

Hi i have had the same problems as you. Some times feel like iam talking to a brick wall. i go to the doctors and i dont see the same doctor twice so i need to go over it all again and again. Ive been in a mental ward twice and come up against the same problems i found this website now and i know its not just me.while i was in the mental ward the last time i and a few others chatted for hours not about our problems but about anything but we all had one thing in comon we didnt feel stupid about were we was and we could see people worse than us and together we made each other feel alive. some times if we didnt want to talk we could say leave me alone and they would and because part of our problem was not being able to sleep we could go and talk at any time day or night. i miss that part of being in hospital what i dont miss is doctors telling me how iam feeling and what i should do and what i should think about. Now iam out and in a town were i know no one i talk to no one and it drives me mad. i was going for walks sometimes the police would stop me and ask why i was out they would go through my cloths looking for god knows what. as a 45 year old man i dont have the right towalk the streets late at night. my point is i know how you are feeling and this site will hoprfully give meand you some people to talk to when no one else can or will in a week i can go in the chat room and chat to people who know how iam feeling. I know iam not alone with my feeling and maybe we will chat maybe not but your not alone.

Hi jpm,

I once had a similar experience to you when I was out one night for a stroll. Stopped by Police. Clothing search. Some of these coppers have nothing better to do eh? They probably treat everyone with the same level of suspicion so I wouldn't take it too personally.

That must have been a great experience. Chatting to people for hours whilst you were in hospital. Maybe one of the few places where you can do it eh?

Perhaps, like me, you don't like it when someone asks how you are feeling? I'm not sure how to respond. Should I lie and say 'I'm feeling good' or 'not too bad', or should I be honest and say I feel like s***, and watch as the enquirer becomes uncomfortable and moves on.
    As I have emotional problems, I often mix up the language of feelings with thoughts, so to speak. We need more education about this.

Thanks for replying. I hope you can find someone to talk to in your town. Don't give up hope.

Take care and best wishes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information