Page 31 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread: Cervical and uterine pain and symptoms

Re: Legitimately may have cervical cancer

Ok so lets get this right the private test wasn't not you testing your self and sending it off to be interpretaited (looked at) and they get back to you is this correct? and you are now waiting for the dr's test results to come back even though its the same test?? Listen this is a typical HA trait so be great full that the result has come back negative when you get the dr's test results back? And if they are negative will you actually believe them?? ATB

Good news. Now you can get on with living your life. Unless of course your cervical cancer worry wasn't the only cause of your anxiety? In which case...see you tomorrow. lol

I know, I'm just thinking now... what if I missed the cervix when I took the swab? Would that matter? Could the HPV virus have died in transit back to the lab and become undetectable? There wasn't a preservative or anything. The company has good reviews so I'm sure it knows what it's doing though.

I just know my doctor took the sample right from the entrance of the cervix, and obviously I couldn't see what I was doing so I don't know.

Also, this has happened a bunch of times! I've had good news and been really happy and told people and then the universe has gone no lol jokes. Examples:

"The baby is fine, I saw its heartbeat and it's really strong!"
    "Looks like there's no retained tissue left now, it's all over!"
    "I had the MVA and she scanned me and all the tissue really is out now, she assured me!"

That last one was the kicker really. So here I am giving good news again... and I just hope the doctor doesn't now come back and tell me they did detect HPV!

I'm no psychologist or psychiatrist but I think you have unresolved issues stemming from your miscarriage. I'm very sorry that you had to experience such a devastating event. But if you don't do something about dealing with your anxiety then it will very likely get worse. It comes across in all your posts. You don't believe the experts or the tests. It's typical behaviour from someone with HA. You don't have cervical cancer. Stop doubting the results of your tests. You just don't have it.

Quote Originally Posted by swajj View Post
    I'm no psychologist or psychiatrist but I think you have unresolved issues stemming from your miscarriage. I'm very sorry that you had to experience such a devastating event. But if you don't do something about dealing with your anxiety then it will very likely get worse. It comes across in all your posts. You don't believe the experts or the tests. It's typical behaviour from someone with HA. You don't have cervical cancer. Stop doubting the results of your tests. You just don't have it.
    It's true I don't really trust the doctors. Only because they've been wrong almost as much as they've been right with me in the last three months though!

I think I do have unresolved issues yes. I never really grieved properly because there was no time with the miscarriage going so wrong. I'll discuss it with my therapist when I start going again.

Yes that's a good idea. Health anxiety sucks. Don't let it take over your life. I lost nearly 3 years of mine because of it. Trust me you can recover with the right guidance. You seem like the sort of person who would take therapy seriously and work hard to get well.

I think u need grief counseling over the miscarriage

Jenny, I think if anyone can do a proper self administered smear test, it's you and your tools! You have probably more experience looking at your cervix than an actual gynaecologist! So, yes, the test would have been accurate.

Yeah I'm literally already spiralling again and thinking that the doctor test is going to come back HPV positive. I mean, a test done at the doctor is going to be more accurate than one done at home. Or more specific, if not more sensitive.

And it would just fit the pattern of me getting good news and being really happy and telling people and then having to be like oh actually I was wrong and it's shit after all.

That's almost magical thinking I guess, but it's happened so many times recently!

Ugh, it just sucks when I think like this! I hope I'm not right! It just seems impossible that everything is now magically ok and I can just get on with my life and I'm not going to die. That seems impossible.

Quote Originally Posted by poppy77 View Post
    Jenny, I think if anyone can do a proper self administered smear test, it's you and your tools! You have probably more experience looking at your cervix than an actual gynaecologist! So, yes, the test would have been accurate.
    I strongly disagree. No matter how accurate Jenny's DIY test has been these tests are best left to trained medics. You can see how her mind is working now-the down side of DIY testing and more food for HA.

Page 31 of 140 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast

Thread Information