Thread: Fear of upsetting/disappointing loved ones

Fear of upsetting/disappointing loved ones

Not even sure if there is a word for such a thing. But I was wondering if anyone else gets really worried/anxious, because they have failed or didn't do something which may upset or disappoint someone close to you, rather than it impacting you? Where you avidly avoid that subject in conversations etc.

Re: Fear of upsetting/disappointing loved ones

I used to get that feeling all the time my wife put up with my social anxiety for years then i got severe health anxiety trust me i put her under some serious pressure but 20 years later she is still here with me and i am 90% recovered now and feel great the point here is DON'T ever get more anxious about letting people down because you can't go out or do activities with them people need to understand that people with mental health issues need support trust me one day you will make them people amazed , you need to talk to these people do not be afraid talking leads to results towards recovery

Re: Fear of upsetting/disappointing loved ones

Quote Originally Posted by Dexter James View Post
    I used to get that feeling all the time my wife put up with my social anxiety for years then i got severe health anxiety trust me i put her under some serious pressure but 20 years later she is still here with me and i am 90% recovered now and feel great the point here is DON'T ever get more anxious about letting people down because you can't go out or do activities with them people need to understand that people with mental health issues need support trust me one day you will make them people amazed , you need to talk to these people do not be afraid talking leads to results towards recovery
    Thank you so much

Thread Information