Page 75 of 83 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast

Thread: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Re: A timetable for recovery on Fluoxetine / prozac

Really struggling this morning. I had a load of sugary things on Wednesday and think it really affected me badly so I've started eating keto which I've done before and got on well with but it's tough at the start. Really not enjoying life at the moment 😔

It might be time to talk to your GP, Davey, as there could be ways of making this easier for you. There's no one handing out gold stars for white-knuckling through side-effects. As for the keto, now is probably not the time to make life even tougher for yourself. Just stay away from the sugar and eat a well balanced diet.

Yeah that's pretty much what I've decided to do, not going to go mad keto, just cut out sugar at the moment. Had a session with my therapist this morning and realised I need to do more rather than moping about and also need to write down and challenge my negative thoughts as much as possible.
    Last edited by davey_b; 21-12-20 at 12:32.

Quote Originally Posted by davey_b View Post
    I need to do more rather than moping about and also need to write down and challenge my negative thoughts as much as possible.
    Yep. This popped up in the emails this morning and may be of interest: Can't Clear Your Mind? Study Finds 3 Ways to Help Get Rid of Nagging Thoughts

Still having a tough spell. Normally better in the evening so at least I know I'll have a bit of relief each day and it's not never ending torment. I do have spells where I feel like I'll never be better but I know that depression lies so I'm trying to keep those thoughts in perspective. I'm on day 25 of increased dose so can't expect too much. Prayers appreciated though 😬

Had some better days with yesterday being pretty good especially in the evening but then my wife came home from work and had had a really bad day and stressed me out. Didn't sleep great last night and feel like death warmed up today. Just want to feel better, each day is torture. I'm on my 5th week of increase at the moment, I'll start my 6th week on Sunday.

I'm on my 5th week of increase at the moment, I'll start my 6th week on Sunday.
    It can seem like nothing will ever be right again during this period while waiting for the med to kick-in, but it always does, so hang in there, Davey. You're now in the middle of the typical 4-8 week kick-in time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by panic_down_under View Post
    It can seem like nothing will ever be right again during this period while waiting for the med to kick-in, but it always does, so hang in there, Davey. You're now in the middle of the typical 4-8 week kick-in time frame.
    Thank you, appreciate that. Having a better day today so hopefully things will continue to improve over time. Thanks for your support.

It's such a roller coaster! Struggling this morning 😬

It's such a roller coaster! Struggling this morning ��
    What is happening?

Page 75 of 83 FirstFirst ... 25657374757677 ... LastLast

Thread Information