Page 25 of 62 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: My anxiety is being triggered

Re: My anxiety is being triggered

Today hasn't been too bad, after my emotional morning me, husband and dog walked into town, bought my stepdad a Father's Day pressie had a drink and piece of cake in the churchyard. Then came home, put some washing out and cleaned the bathroom. Then did not a lot else. I am going to go to the chippy to get some chips for tea.

Husband also bought me a new vape for my Birthday (early pressie), this is so I can try and switch back to vaping as I have chain smoked for the last 6 weeks, which is no good for either of us (although I smoke minimally around him).

I think something has shifted in me, I'm currently sleeping in a separate room to my husband as my sleep is all over the place and his is too due to his back. He came up to the room I'm sleeping in at 7 this morning to have a cuddle and I know this sounds silly, but it didn't annoy the hell out of me or make me feel anxious. He did the same thing a couple of weeks ago and it sent me into turmoil for the rest of the day, I thought he was taking liberties.

Not sure how/why it's changed but I'll take it.

Hi catkins,

We've all done that at some point. Sleep separately due to illness or restless sleeping. Sometimes it's the wisest thing to do. x

Quote Originally Posted by Carnation View Post
    Hi catkins,

We've all done that at some point. Sleep separately due to illness or restless sleeping. Sometimes it's the wisest thing to do. x
    I don't mind it at all at the moment, I can do a guided meditation before I go to sleep, read as long as I want and if I'm reading when I wake up at 3am or whenever I'm not disturbing anyone. I do wish I could finish painting the bedroom and put a carpet in it and make it nice, unfortunately motivation and energy has been a bit lacking of late, but I'll do a bit at a time.

Energy will come in time catkins x

Well overall today has been quite a pleasant day. Not anxiety free, but still enjoyed it. 😁

Very good to hear! Feeling better is such a bonus even if tomorrow isn't quite as good. Just gives you a taste of getting the enjoyment factor back so hang on to that!

Work in progress!

Not a bad day today. Was very busy at work this morning so didn't have time to think about much - but when I got home it took me ages to relax, my shoulders were attached to my earlobes and it took me quite a while to distract myself. Then I went shopping and got some food.

The big news is that for the first time in a little over 6 weeks I am cooking some food which hasn't come in a removable packet and then been stuffed in the oven/microwave. I may have slightly burnt the onions and it may taste absolutely revolting but it's cooking away as I type.

That's real progress, Catkins! Do you like to cook when you are well? Do you find creating a meal therapeutic?

Page 25 of 62 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread Information