Page 280 of 717 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    Phil, TURN OFF THE NEWS. Go do something else.
    I have an addiction to the news and need help as I can’t stop reading it

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Although I hate to say this, it does seem to come across as gloating a bit, as in 'You pommies are rubbish, the laughing stock of the world, and look at us Aussies, the best in the world for fighting Covid'!!

Don't get me wrong. I truly admire the efforts of Australia and NZ for being exemplary global examples of keeping on top of Covid, but surely we aren't currently the absolute worst-hit in the world for daily cases, hospitalisations and deaths?
    I think that the message behind it is that too many people aren't following the rules and if they did the world in general wouldn't be in such a mess.

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    https://twitter.com/thetimesscot/sta...609693696?s=21

locked down until summer they say now
    This is scaremongering at its finest. With such a small percentage of the population having been vaccinated at this point, there’s no way they can possibly predict if it’s going to “work” or not. But - depending on how many people feel as you do about refusing the vaccination, the more likely this will happen. In my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by glassgirlw View Post
    This is scaremongering at its finest. With such a small percentage of the population having been vaccinated at this point, there’s no way they can possibly predict if it’s going to “work” or not. But - depending on how many people feel as you do about refusing the vaccination, the more likely this will happen. In my opinion.
    Yep the same paper is going with a different headline in England about the vaccine roll out going slow. But it’s Nicola Sturgeon so she might try and lock Scotland down longer.

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yep the same paper is going with a different headline in England about the vaccine roll out going slow. But it’s Nicola Sturgeon so she might try and lock Scotland down longer.
    As much as I dislike Nicola Sturgeon, there is absolutely no reason to believe that anyone wants lockdowns to go on longer than they have to.

It’s very simple. Cases rise, we tighten restrictions. Cases fall, we loosen them. If cases stay low, gradually those restrictions become a thing of the past.

We need to give these vaccines time to work their magic before we can start truly planning ahead. That’s going to take months, so just try to get used to the idea of life being sh*t for a while longer.

Sorry, but there it is.

I know, Phil. I'm trying to help you

Quote Originally Posted by AntsyVee View Post
    I know, Phil. I'm trying to help you
    Thanks I really so trying to avoid the news as I have been having panic attacks every night due to it.

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    I think that's why there are so many people wearing black masks...Hides all the crud
    I wear a black one

P.S. I'd totally offer that Aussie nurse a bed

Phill - will your customs let her back in with that frog tattooed on her arm? TV programmes are always telling us how strict your guys are over bringing wild life in

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Although I hate to say this, it does seem to come across as gloating a bit, as in 'You pommies are rubbish, the laughing stock of the world, and look at us Aussies, the best in the world for fighting Covid'!!

Don't get me wrong. I truly admire the efforts of Australia and NZ for being exemplary global examples of keeping on top of Covid, but surely we aren't currently the absolute worst-hit in the world for daily cases, hospitalisations and deaths?
    It was an Aussie nurse who works in the UK talking about how bad things are in mortuarys. UK news were saying the same earlier in the year.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    I wear a black one

P.S. I'd totally offer that Aussie nurse a bed

Phill - will your customs let her back in with that frog tattooed on her arm? TV programmes are always telling us how strict your guys are over bringing wild life in
    Why am I not surprised Terry

Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.

Page 280 of 717 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380 ... LastLast

Thread Information