Page 709 of 717 FirstFirst ... 209609659699707708709710711 ... LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,090 of 7166

Thread: Covid-19 discussion thread

Re: Covid-19 discussion thread

Just spoken to my boss (I'm not in work today anyway). She says to test every day I come into work because I'm patient facing. I've already done today and I'm still negative, better register that.

Strangely one of the girls that I was due to go out with tonight said I should go and just wear a mask - just wouldn't feel comfortable with that, three of them are going abroad next Saturday, they certainly wouldn't be grateful for a dose of Covid.

Husband is feeling a bit better today, just coughing now and again. Fingers crossed this is as bad as it gets.

I agree PM, I do think it's just going to be like the flu jab every year. But I had my booster last October so as P says I think that's probably ineffective now and possibly any antibodies left over from having Covid will have flown the nest.

In all honesty, maybe it's better for me to get it again now before our London trip in July and Portugal in September. I might have to go and kiss my husband.

Steady on, Catkins! That's definitely not in the line of duty..Give him as wide a berth as possible!

Quote Originally Posted by pulisa View Post
    Steady on, Catkins! That's definitely not in the line of duty..Give him as wide a berth as possible!
    Still (presumably) living in the same house though.

Lenco, I'm sure you will have heard about the new variants of concern reported today so I'll leave you to do the analysis and breakdown on this. I'm interested in how much focus this will be given by the media bearing in mind that the pandemic is over...according to those who want it to be over.

Quote Originally Posted by Lencoboy View Post
    Still (presumably) living in the same house though.
    You could put him in the West Wing, Catkins?

Lenco, I'm sure you will have heard about the new variants of concern reported today so I'll leave you to do the analysis and breakdown on this. I'm interested in how much focus this will be given by the media bearing in mind that the pandemic is over...according to those who want it to be over.
    Yes I have heard about them (BA.4 and BA.5), but so far they're more prevalent in mainland Europe and SA, but Dr JC did say in his latest video that they'll probably also become more prevalent in this country in due course, though there's already a handful of such cases here, but still believed to be similar to existing Omicron sub-variants in terms of lethality.

On the upside, the overall Covid numbers in the UK are still on a downward trend and the risk level is also being downgraded from 4 to 3 today, which is encouraging.

It seems to be Monkeypox that's the latest health scare now, although the experts so far believe that the general risk to the public remains low, and is unlikely to cause the same calamity as Covid, but as always, only time will tell, and it's probably best to remain vigilant in the meantime, but at the same time trying not panic too much over it.

Dr JC has also covered Monkeypox in his two latest videos BTW.

🤣, I managed to resist the urge, although strangely he keeps wanting a cuddle. I've been like the girl in the Exorcist, spinning my head round so I'm not in contact with his face. Poor sod isn't enjoying it.

You could put him in the West Wing, Catkins?
    Trying to figure out what would be the West Wing in a terraced house. I think it might be the little sticky out bathroom/kitchen. Although I fear he'll just get in the way in both of them.

He may have to go in the shed.

If you call the shed, the Man Cave, he may feel better at being parked there for the duration.

The media are getting on my nerves..again….with this monkey pox thing. They seem to be giving out daily figures just like covid. The producers seem to revel in terrifying people.

Ghost…Spillways

Quote Originally Posted by Darksky View Post
    If you call the shed, the Man Cave, he may feel better at being parked there for the duration.

The media are getting on my nerves..again….with this monkey pox thing. They seem to be giving out daily figures just like covid. The producers seem to revel in terrifying people.
    That's the media for us, this Monkeypox outbreak is the latest 'Armageddon' for them to put the fear of God into us over, coupled with the COL crisis.

I also agree with you that the obsession with publishing daily confirmed cases of Monkeypox in the same fashion as Covid does seem a bit OTT, as unlike Covid, its impact is only believed to be negligible for the vast majority of the population.

But I guess it's the authorities erring on the side of caution and not wanting to be caught napping once again, as they were with Covid very early on, especially in the off chance (heaven forbid) of Monkeypox eventually turning out to be something more ominous.

But only time will tell.

Page 709 of 717 FirstFirst ... 209609659699707708709710711 ... LastLast

Thread Information