Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread: Really scared I have colon cancer

Re: Really scared I have colon cancer

[QUOTE=Elen;1915758]This statement is clasical catastophic thinking.

Seriously you need to deal with your negative mind set.

And please do not come back with more "symptoms" or this time it is different.

Have you any idea how many people posting here say exactly the same thing, and they are all proven wrong.[/I can’t find one story on this form with anyone symptoms similar to mine....

How do you think random internet strangers can help you, though?

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    How do you think random internet strangers can help you, though?
    Maybe someone has been through something similar and could help reassure me?

You're never going to find somebody with an experience identical to yours - life doesn't work like that.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueIris View Post
    You're never going to find somebody with an experience identical to yours - life doesn't work like that.
    That’s why I said something similar. What if someone here has had colon cancer and could say they dealt with the same issues or someone with something else.

I give up. I think you may be beyond help, just not in the way you think you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    And now I won’t get any replies...
    And why are replies so important to you if you definitely have colon cancer?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypo27 View Post
    Because I actually am at risk because of the pre cancerous colon polyps and colon cancer is becoming more common in young adults... All the other cancer fears were pretty rare for my age and everything and literally have the classic signs... Plud there is literally nothing else that would cause Thr stomach cramps, frequent bowel movements, thin ribbon long stools, and back pain...
    Wow! Are you a trained medical professional since you seem to “know” there is literally nothing else that would cause your symptoms? Also did the doc that did your first colonoscopy tell you to come back in 3-5 years for another scope? If they thought you were at a high risk for colon cancer they would’ve told you to get continuous scopes every 3-5 years! So if they didn’t tell you this then they aren’t concerned. If you’re so sure you have colon cancer then schedule an appointment with your GI doc and go from there because nobody here is medically qualified to diagnose you. It’s obvious the replies haven’t reassured you either. Even if someone here did had colon cancer, I highly doubt they’re going to say yes I had those exact same symptoms when I was diagnosed! There are many bowel issues that aren’t cancer. Anxiety wreaks havoc on the digestive system too. GI doc is the best person to give you an accurate diagnosis though.

Quote Originally Posted by StephA View Post
    Wow! Are you a trained medical professional since you seem to “know” there is literally nothing else that would cause your symptoms? Also did the doc that did your first colonoscopy tell you to come back in 3-5 years for another scope? If they thought you were at a high risk for colon cancer they would’ve told you to get continuous scopes every 3-5 years! So if they didn’t tell you this then they aren’t concerned. If you’re so sure you have colon cancer then schedule an appointment with your GI doc and go from there because nobody here is medically qualified to diagnose you. It’s obvious the replies haven’t reassured you either. Even if someone here did had colon cancer, I highly doubt they’re going to say yes I had those exact same symptoms when I was diagnosed! There are many bowel issues that aren’t cancer. Anxiety wreaks havoc on the digestive system too. GI doc is the best person to give you an accurate diagnosis though.
    Yes the gi doctor said I would need another follow up colonoscopy in 5 years which would of been this year. He said the polyp had the potential of Turning into cancer down the road. Surely a a polyp didn’t develop since then and then turn into cancer already?

B, go spend some time with your family. It's the holidays. Go play with your little girl.

Page 4 of 63 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast

Thread Information