Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread: Birthday plans

Re: Birthday plans

Update

So pubs open July here in Scotland good news bad news is live music and football banned as singing seemingly spreads the germs crazy time’s. Nobody can tell me how long this rule will go on for??? Not ideal when you want to look any event or if it was a wedding party no music it seems

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Update

So pubs open July here in Scotland good news bad news is live music and football banned as singing seemingly spreads the germs crazy time’s. Nobody can tell me how long this rule will go on for??? Not ideal when you want to look any event or if it was a wedding party no music it seems
    DJs....

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

The best help is the help you give yourself! http://cbt4panic.org/

Probably because pubs are smaller venues compared to 80k crowds in stadiums. Footie fans aren't going to stick to rule that stops them jumping all over each other when someone scores.

Phil, I haven't seen my parents in the better part of a year. I can't believe the trivialities you're up in arms about.

...You know those probability grids they show for weather warnings? They display how likely snow/ice/whatever is against how dangerous it will be if it does happen. Well, even if the likelihood of catching Covid is low, the damage it can cause is high. There are a lot of reports of lasting ill-health from people who weren't even hospitalised. We've seen that you don't cope well with simple flu, so this is something to bear in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by MyNameIsTerry View Post
    Probably because pubs are smaller venues compared to 80k crowds in stadiums. Footie fans aren't going to stick to rule that stops them jumping all over each other when someone scores.
    Yes it’s awful though I mean everything that could go wrong has. I mean a ban on singers due to germ droplets who could anticipate such an event? Sure 2021 may bring better times but that’s a long way off. My partner is worried we will be living like this forever. The lockdown was hard I thought that was the hardest but but it’s actually living with the restrictions which are about making life as least as enjoyable as possible. Sure I can’t be the only one feeling this way? It’s very demoralising.

I read my local concert venue in Glasgow may not open until 2022 how depressing.

With all due respect, people are dying, economies are tanking, unemployment is at record highs and you're concerned about a music venue and the conveniences of your life being interrupted? I'm a musician and haven't had a gig since January, don't expect that to change anytime soon and lost a large source of part time income. I work in essential services and put my life at risk every day due to selfish and ignorant people who echo some of the same things you say.

Forgive me if I'm not sympathetic Phil. I know anxiety can make some people appear to be self-centered and selfish but I don't think that's the case here. From being married and on dating sites to whining about having to wear a mask etc. etc., from what I see you post, I believe that's just who you are as a person :(

FMP
    "Eat. Drink. Enjoy the work you do. Be thankful for the blessings God gives you in this life. Live, love and seek out the things that bring your heart joy. The rest is meaningless... Like chasing the wind." King Solomon

Quote Originally Posted by Fishmanpa View Post
    With all due respect, people are dying, economies are tanking, unemployment is at record highs and you're concerned about a music venue and the conveniences of your life being interrupted? I'm a musician and haven't had a gig since January, don't expect that to change anytime soon and lost a large source of part time income. I work in essential services and put my life at risk every day due to selfish and ignorant people who echo some of the same things you say.

Forgive me if I'm not sympathetic Phil. I know anxiety can make some people appear to be self-centered and selfish but I don't think that's the case here. From being married and on dating sites to whining about having to wear a mask etc. etc., from what I see you post, I believe that's just who you are as a person :(

FMP
    Yes and many have been 80 plus with health issues. What about the younger generation and millennials? Lost education? No future no idea when schools will return or if they will be behind and university and college places at risk if they don’t have the grades. Moral questions need asked when transmission is very low in schools hence no social distancing when they reopen. People’s prospects have been dented we have a mental health crisis as people can’t exercise in gyms and stay well. I may seem selfish however I can sympathise with people hard done by the lockdown and I am sure after it questions will be asked.

Thank you for affirming my post.

FMP

Quote Originally Posted by phil06 View Post
    Yes and many have been 80 plus with health issues. What about the younger generation and millennials? Lost education? No future no idea when schools will return or if they will be behind and university and college places at risk if they don’t have the grades. Moral questions need asked when transmission is very low in schools hence no social distancing when they reopen. People’s prospects have been dented we have a mental health crisis as people can’t exercise in gyms and stay well. I may seem selfish however I can sympathise with people hard done by the lockdown and I am sure after it questions will be asked.
    Not sure whether you're asking or telling about social distancing within schools, but I can confirm that it's going to be very much on the agenda in England.

Honestly, I can hardly type for anger and sadness right now; my father's over 80 with a severe underlying lung condition, and I'm very frightened that idiots who can't cope with minor inconvenience might mean I never get to see him again.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 311121314 LastLast

Thread Information